      From: Gary Gluyas [mailto:gluyas@...]
      Sent: Saturday, 11 November 2000 10:23
      To: Distillers@egroups.com; daza; Ted Palmer
      Subject: Re: [Distillers] Re: wood chips

      Hi all, Gary here from NZ

      If anyone wants JD chips, we stocking them, so send me a message and we'll
      see what we can do for you.

      Regards

      Gary
      gluyas@...

      ----------
      From: Ted Palmer <tpalmer@...>
      To: Distillers@egroups.com; daza <dskud@...>
      Subject: [Distillers] Re: wood chips
      Date: Saturday, 11 November 2000 07:06

      JD is distilled through a fractionating column and is known as neutral
      spirit. NS is very clean and tasteless so I'm doubtful that there are any
      "congeners" that would cause illness. If you are still worried about using
      carbon that has been used before clean it up with some boiling water for a
      few min. The heat and water remove the volatiles and recharge the carbon to
      be used again. As for getting them in NZ, give your brewshop the phone
      number in my post and let them get it for you.
      Ted Palmer
      tpalmer@...