12672Re: Gas and Solders

  • peter_vcb
    Jul 2, 2003
      > Also can I use lead free/and or soft solder or will I have to use
      silver solder for a stronger joint?

      if you make an EL column you can get away with weaker solder since it
      doesnt need much structural strength since all the weight is acting
      down the middle, (bottom must be strong). offset stills can have a
      large lever/moment effect at the top so you need strength. just like
      its easier to hold a large bag close to your body rather than with an
      outstretched arm. EL is easier and cheaper to build for most too.
    • Show all 5 messages in this topic