1255Re: [Distillers] Ventillation

  • Matt
    Oct 30, 2000
      On Mon, Oct 30, 2000 at 01:53:56PM +1300, Pete Sayers wrote:
      > Hi Rob Pete from Brewers barn here, i would be very careful about using
      > propane inside whilst distilling. All that alcohol vapour just might go
      > bang. I have a friend who used a gas burner(LPG), but always used it at the
      > door of his garage.
      > regards Pete

      well yeah it's not just the ethanol fumes but the carbon monoxide fumes
      that you want to look out for.... even a home stove that runs on gas from
      the gas company is not rated for every use (e.g., using it to heat your
      kitchen is a no-no) because of the risk of CO poisoning. If you're going
      to use a large-scale propane burner inside you'd do well to install some
      vent ducting or at least a CO detector. be safe and sane so that one day
      this beloved hobby has a chance of going legit :-)

      -matt

      Matthew at psibercom spore@...
      Business, Numbers, People, Money
      Time, Travel, Communication, Entertainment
    • Show all 4 messages in this topic