      From: Sam Dabbs
      Sent: Sunday, October 01, 2000 8:36 PM
      To: Deb
      Subject: Re: <<<<<<<Sloppin' Back

      Deb's right here my-man. I looked back and saw that I mentioned "out
      of the cooker", silly me... Sorry about the confusion. I guess I just
      got carried away. I didn't strain mine so to speak. I pumped out beer
      from the barrel and left the grain. I used about half old and half
      new grain. NO YEAST. It is already there. I added water and the same
      amount of sugar as when I would start a fresh batch. Stir like crazy
      and you only have to wait for 3 days max for the cap to form and fall
      and you are ready for a good run. Like I mentioned, third time is the
      best as far as taste and quantity in my opinion.
      Sam

      --- In Distillers@egroups.com, "Deb" <witchwriter@a...> wrote:
      > You don't slop back what you run, just your leftover mash. We use
      grain and
      > when we strain our mash we slop back into a new batch of mash all
      of the
      > grain that was left in the strainer :)
      >
      > Deb Brewer
      >
      > witchwriter@a...