Re: Poetry Month, Act/Art for all, etc..

  • jamesmnordlund
    Message 1 of 2 , May 1, 2012
      I accidentally included an older version of the poem, here's the corrected alert:

      Poetry Month, Act/Art for all, etc..
      These actions on Disabled Greens News and discussion:
      Poetry Month, Act/Art for all, etc..:

      This petition on change.org: Poetry Month, Act:

      A Special Opportunity for Teachers:
      I'm writing to announce a special opportunity for K-12 teachers from the Favorite Poem Project. If you're not a teacher, but would like to help us spread the word, please forward this email to an educator you know.

      Former U.S. Poet Laureate Robert Pinsky, in cooperation with the Boston University School of Education, is accepting applications from teachers and teacher/administrator teams across grade level for a remarkable week of poetry in Boston, July 16-20. Participants will read and discuss poems with renowned practitioners of the art, five award-winning American poets. Past faculty include Frank Bidart, Mark Doty, Carl Phillips, Louise Glück and Heather McHugh. Teachers will work in groups to develop lesson plans to share with each other and bring back to their classrooms.

      Visit the Favorite Poem Project website (link below) to learn more, or to request an application.

      Best wishes,

      Maggie Dietz
      Director, Favorite Poem Project

      House passes CISPA: The House passed CISPA yesterday, and we want to make a splash as the focus shifts to the Senate.

      More than 70,000 of you have emailed the Senate since yesterday, admonishing them to reject CISPA and protect our privacy and civil liberties.

      If you haven't yet, please click here to email your Senators right away.

      And please ask your friends to get involved right away.

      You can link back to us, use these links to share the campaign (and our Lolcat), or just forward the email below.

      If you're already on Facebook, click here to share with your friends.
      If you're already on Twitter, click here to tweet about the campaign: Tweet

      Email to forward to your friends:

      We pushed them to the brink, but House Republicans rammed through CISPA yesterday afternoon, ahead of schedule.

      Let's make sure it dies in the Senate: Please click here to email your Senators right away.

      Our hundreds of thousands of emails and tens of thousands of phone calls have had a real impact:

      Amendments were adopted that made CISPA (marginally) better.
      Earlier this month CISPA was supposed to sail through, but we helped foment real opposition, and the vote was far closer than anybody could have imagined even a couple of weeks ago.
      Most Democrats held firm in opposition, and more than two dozen libertarian-leaning Republicans defied their leadership and vote no.
      Most importantly, President Obama has threatened to veto CISPA.
      The Senate will consider cyber security legislation in the coming weeks. Let's turn up the heat right away:

      Click here to tell the Senate to reject CISPA and any and all legislation that doesn't respect privacy and civil liberties.

      Thanks for fighting by our side, and please encourage your friends to get involved (and share our Lolcat). You can link back to us, forward this email, or use these links:

      If you're already on Facebook, click here to share with your friends.
      If you're already on Twitter, click here to tweet about the campaign: Tweet

      Paid for by Demand Progress ( http://www.DemandProgress.org ) and not authorized by any candidate or candidate's committee. Contributions are not deductible as charitable contributions for federal income tax purposes.

      No War in Iran: Let us use our voices to thoughtfully engage others in peaceful dialogues about how violence might be avoided. We should not permit ourselves to allow war to happen with Iran.

      Ten Practices of "Just Peacemaking"

      Support nonviolent direct action.
      Take independent initiatives to reduce threat.
      Use cooperative conflict resolution.
      Acknowledge responsibility for conflict and injustice and seek repentance and forgiveness.
      Advance democracy, human rights, and religious liberty.
      Foster just and sustainable economic development.
      Work with emerging cooperative forces in the international system.
      Strengthen the United Nations and international efforts for cooperation and human rights.
      Reduce offensive weapons and weapons trade.
      Encourage grassroots peacemaking groups and voluntary associations.
      Source: Rose Marie Berger, Associate editor, Sojourners,

      http://www.sojo.net .

      Voices needs your help to continue our work. Join us in our efforts by contributing whatever you can.
      Watch for our next Arab Spring installment on Saudi Arabia.
      Learn more about Iran, its people and culture in Voices book, Seda: Voices of Iran.

      A Final Word

      As always, Voices could use your help in continuing our work. Help us to continue to take steps, one after another, for a better tomorrow.

      May each of us work to sustain ourselves by creating hope in this new year.

      You can also donate by check, made payable to Voices Education Project and sent to: 4669 Eastern Ave. N., Seattle, WA 98103, USA

      Your gift is tax deductible and we welcome gifts large and small. Thank you for participating in the work of Voices, and may we all have a more compassionate, tolerant and peace-filled 2012.

      Marilyn Turkovich, Director

      6710 NE Dapple Ct
      Seattle, WA 98110
      United States

      Message of Hope and Continuity for the Sisterhood of the Guild:
      Hello and Happy Spring to you!

      I am grateful for the communication I have received from so many of you. Your candid remarks and thoughtful responses to questions we asked have proved to be very illuminating to me. The IWWG Board and I have listened to you, and because you wanted the Guild's activities--The Spring Big Apple and the Summer Conference--to continue, the Board voted unanimously to move forward with the planning and preparation of both activities. And now, here we are with only a few days away from this season's BIG APPLE CONFERENCE, SATURDAY AND SUNDAY, April 14-15. We have also begun planning and organizing the Summer Conference at Yale (Friday-Tuesday, June 22-26)!!

      I am delighted to announce that Marj Hahne, longtime Guild member and teacher, poet, and friend to so many of you, will bring her expertise and incredible integrity and focus to the Summer Conference planning. Marj has accepted my invitation to work as our Summer Conference Coordinator. We are working now to determine the new structure of our four-day conference. We ask that you save those dates (June 22-26) and watch for updates which will be coming shortly! We promise to send the details of costs, specific programs, and workshop directors very soon. Thanks for your patience.

      We all share the vision to create and nurture an enlivening, enduring community of women writers. The MAGIC of the International Women's Writing Guild continues, thanks to all you incredible women.

      We invite you to join us in continuing the magic at this weekend's Spring Big Apple, an incredible two days of three amazing speakers, a Meet and Pitch to the Agents, and an IWWG Members' Book Fair!

      Cynthia Fritts Stillwell, Executive Director

      Don't miss your chance to ReNEW the Magic...

      To the poet, the human community is like the community of birds to a bird, singing to each other. Love is one of the reasons we are singing to one another, love of language itself, love of sound, love of singing itself, and love of the other birds.

      ~ Sharon Olds

      The International Women's Writing Guild

      317 Madison Ave., Suite 1704

      New York, New York 10017

      (917) 720-6959

      Forward this email

      The International Women's Writing Guild | 317 Madison Ave., Suite 1704 | New York | NY | 10017

      Greetings: Dear Writers and Poets:
      Good Friday and Happy Easter, may it all be a blessing to you and yours

      Gary Drury, author, editor, publisher

      Submissions are always welcome.

      Breath and Shadow, Volume 9, Number 1, Winter 2012:
      In this year's Winter Issue we feature poems by Elisa Karbon, Anthony
      Lafond, Jimmy Burns, Achilleas Michailides and Raud Kennedy. There is
      a short story by Erika Jahneke and a flash fiction piece by Ashley
      Dean. Finally, the issue contains a powerful essay by Bridgit
      Kuenning-Pollpeter and a touching creative non-fiction piece by Judith

      Our editors hope you enjoy this issue of Breath and Shadow. Please
      recommend us to your friends. In this difficult economy, we are
      struggling along with most non-profits. Your tax deductible donations
      are essential to the work we do. Visit our web site for details. We
      are also seeking submissions in all categories—please visit our
      website for guidelines.

      To read this issue, please visit:

      Breath and Shadow Staff:

      Chris Kuell, Editor in Chief

      Assistant Editors: Abby Astor, Dorothy Baker, Anne Chiapetta, Linda
      Cronin, Arden Eli Hill, Tricia Owsley and Suzanne Westhaver

      Breath & Shadow is a collaborative effort of AbilityMaine, Resources
      for Organizing and Social Change (ROSC), and our many valuable readers
      and contributors.

      Check out "International Open Space on Mumble: "Global May: A New Beginning?"" on occupii:

      Pinsie Just two weeks to go til the Global Spring blast! People from all walks of life & corners of the world gather to discuss "What is the history we want to be writing, collectively, in May12" Join us?
      This Saturday 28th, at 20h (GMT +2 : 2pm US time, 7pm UK time) via the Mumble server occupytalk.org we will be holding an inclusive, global...

      International Open Space on Mumble: "Global May: A New Beginning?"

      About occupii
      occupii is a social network
      4971 members
      11984 photos
      18 songs
      1076 videos
      618 discussions
      157 Events
      842 blog posts

      My latest twig of poetree:

      King George and his Dick Cheney's High Treason

      Along with the elite of the remocrat conspiracy, the
      Purposeful non-prevention of the attacks on 9-11-2001,
      While being our "burning of the Reichstag", was also
      The increasing of the blitzkrieging speed of the
      Corporate structure's convolutions warring on the
      Middle-class to poor, life, art; their dictation of the
      Devolutionary direction of society being embraced by
      More and Moor as time goes by, the spearhead in
      Engineering of their final solution, the extermination
      To extinction of humanity and large mammals- atop
      The burning cross they circle jerk around, as those
      Klueless Klucking sucKlings, premeditatedly murder
      The evolution, real: left, religion, science, 8 billion.
      Only in their opinion, for the evolution, not being
      Faux, is forever; as you, being life, are indivisible,
      And illimitable in the realization of your potential.
      Since their reign on the `American way of life' ended,
      With voters defeating them in the `08 elections, their
      Blitzkrieg has brought continual assassinations, hot
      Fronts against women, elderly, youths, non-remocrat
      White heterosexual boys to men, civil liberties, peace,
      Union, the vote, kids, global one for disease with cuts
      In foreign aid, supposed Christian conditions on them,
      Attack on contraception, defense for disease, abortion,
      Etc.; also, after the pre to, and `10 elections dem/
      Rem conspiracy, the S.S. tea party tugboat dragged
      The U.S. ship of State into the rocks- only possible
      Since Glass-Steagle was removed in `91, in order to
      Dictate the gutting of the economy in `09, and 100
      Million people being defacto-murdered, not born, etc..
      By the dino's putting the con back in the convolution.

      Yes, dems, political puppets, the rem gov't working
      Their mouths, responsibility can't be underestimated,
      Nor, their role as the necessary lock, fix in the corps.
      Con of people; for, rems weren't satisfied with the
      Oligarchic plutocracy, where the chasm between the
      Haves, have nots grows steadily. Replicating criminally
      Insane sociologically programmed dualistic delusional
      Constructs based on anthropological archetypes like:
      Monarch/pheasant; rich/poor; winner/loser; user/used;
      Predator/prey; abuser/abused; elite/plebeian; master/
      Slave; academic/experience; user/used; machination/
      Natural ideation; professional/rube; la machine/human
      Being; scarcity/abundance; materialism/spirituality;
      Believer/lifelong student; artifice/reality; patriarchal,
      Imperial, hierarchic, gradated power/growth, potential,
      Experience, creation, real power; the convolutions
      Devolutionary direction/the evolution; needed quicken-
      Ing for expanded nazification of people. Those, used
      Through societal engineering, like genocide of white
      Heterosexual boys to men by supremacies within all
      Conspiracies, stereotyping, profiling, discrimination,
      Destruction, sorting out, mass-imprisoning, adopting
      A defacto-caste system, for e.g., unnatural disaster
      Refugees as united suck of assassins' untouchables,
      Also hoisting the organized crime and punishment
      Industrial complex' inside prison system onto society,
      As well, republican conspiracy of all demographics
      Conspiracies and all supremacies with the white
      Supremacy, to automate good replicas of la machine,
      Denaturing, vampirizing, cannibalizing human of its
      Illimitable potential in being life indivisible.

      They, now, since Glass-Steagle's removal by rem/dem
      Conspiracy and bubble, balloon until burst, disaster
      Economics has worked so well in decreasing trickle-
      Down economy (what's left after the vacuum-up to
      The rich), decentralization of profits, have done it
      Again, in the recently pasted, tripartisan (unusually, for
      Rems and S.S. tea partiers, as the dino-in-chief needed
      It for his upcoming re-election), supposed, Jobs Act,
      Where they removed needed remedies in the Sarbannes
      Act that was pasted after enrongate, so, another, future,
      Derivativegate, like the one in '08, can be used by Wall
      St., greed supremacists to gut the global economy again
      In a decade or so; establishing future further increasing
      Of the speed of their global blitzkrieg against all life,
      Also, a re-kick-starting of the economic war of attrition
      Against the middle-class to poor, by the middle-class to
      Rich. The criminally insane panoply, of destruction to
      Extinction as profit, pleasure, power, personified
      Autocratically, and its extreme behaviorally exemplified
      In high treason, have been codified as acceptable rem
      Practice, by dems through the extremism of centrism,
      Fascist vichy french necessary in hitler's rise. The
      Bush clan, who have been in business with the bin
      Ladens for over 3 decades, can be borne again, as
      Barack has done more for rems than anyone since
      Reagan. Regardless of the holding hands with Middle
      East royalty smirking monkey supposed Christian
      Al-queda`s, who purposely ordered osama be allowed
      To escape at Tora Bora, for, in the M.E. blood is thicker
      Than $ and he could no more kill a bin laden than he
      Could his own kid, high treason, the show must go on.

      The smoke and mirrors must not be dispelled, the
      Sleepers must not be awakened from their American
      Dreaming, for the dictated to be 2 nd place supremacy,
      The African-American, by Barack throwing away a
      Decade of dem future power by not choosing Hillary,
      Are dictating it; for, they now get to be the masters
      More, and the last thing they want to do, being good
      Supposed Christian taliban, is dismantle the man's
      House by not using the man's tools, as Audre Lourdes
      Relates; you see, it's good to be black, female, academic,
      Celebrity supremacists, all rolled into one, while you
      Make believe you're progressive, feminist, down to
      Earth, like M.H.P., who has shown her true colors,
      Repeatedly, on the Maddow show. For e.g., after the
      NAACP leadership conspired with the S.S. tea party
      For a couple days, agreeing with them, in order to
      Engineer a weapon of mass distraction, keeping
      Environmental movement news and legislation from
      Airing on the multi-media conspiracy for the dems and
      Dino-in-chief, through the Sherrod charade, MHP stated
      That con perpetrated on the people should, "finally put
      To rest the myth of reverse discrimination", which was
      An historically used faux attack, based on racism by the
      White supremacy and rems, to justify their genocide to
      Slow down the progress of the civil rights movement,
      Yet, she made no historical reference, so, her assertion
      Suggests that not only has there never been an instance
      Of racism by an African-American against a Caucasian,
      Which is impossible, but, even further, if one were to
      Suggest there was an instance, they could readily be
      Labeled a racist of that historical reprehensible process.

      So, the tens of millions of citizens who have suffered,
      And/or been murdered by an African-American racist
      Attack are all white racist recalcitrants; making her not
      Equal to holocaust deniers, yet, in the same ball park-
      A black supremacist position. Breit Bart, the S.S.
      Tea party, and black supremacists NAACP, MHP,
      "Ebony, ivory, working together in perfect harmony",
      Birds of different feathers flocking together to cluck all
      The way to the bank. Another time on Rachel`s show,
      MHP stated, "…that should put to rest the notion that
      Women are gold diggers", which is impossible, because
      Every person on the planet, including her, knows that
      There are women who are gold diggers; a female
      Supremacist argument- if it were to be criticized, the
      Retort would be the critic was patriarchal, misogynistic,
      Chauvinist, etc.. If you're truthful, real, not buying into
      The divide and conquer, dualistic, supposed dichotomy
      Of either you're a white supremacist or a Black one,
      Similar to the prisoners actuality, being either a racist
      Gang member or cannibalized by them, you`re murdered
      By both. Also, recently, she's continued her support for
      The privatization of the public school system, putting
      Economic holes in every public school boat, so all
      Public school boats eventually sink, through siphoning
      The lion's share of the money to voucher and charter
      Schools, by the supposed Christian conspiracy and
      Corps., all in the name of progressive, choice of school,
      And education that meets the needs of Black kids. Pre
      Plessey vs Ferguson supremacy court decision, school
      System of 70 years ago, being borne again, where a
      Separate and unequal education system was dictated.

      Supposed Christian conspiratorial white and black
      Supremacists, republicans, immoral minority, with the
      Partially civil wrongs movement African-Americans, all
      Aboard the S.S. tea party tugboat dragging the dead in
      The water USA ship of State into the rocks, together,
      Engineering the vouchers for whites, charter schools
      For blacks `privatization' and religious domination of
      The education system to destroy the public school
      System, teachers union, etc.. Determining the future
      Engineering of society wide defacto-slavery through
      Most tax dollars going to supposed Christian schools,
      And public ones getting naught, determining a populace
      Of have education and have not, citizens, determining
      An ever-increasing chasm between the haves and the
      Have-nots, etc., not to forget the fraud of "merit pay"
      For those teachers deemed worthy. Instead of investing
      In all public schools and teachers, making all boats rise-
      And, actually, better education for all kids. That being
      The prevalent academic supremacist position, that Black
      Kids are unduly suffering due to an inability of teachers,
      Administrators, school environments to meet specific
      Needs; which is only a half truth; dems are fond of,
      While rems pathologically lie- for, yes, the needs aren't
      Being met, partially due to vestiges of racism against
      Them, their parents not doing, or being as able to do,
      Due to economic repression vestiges, as good a job of
      Rearing their kids, lack of re-investment in inner-city
      Communal infrastructure, etc.. Yet, the other half of the
      Truth they don`t say, usually the more salient half, is that
      Almost all kids suffer under the same constraints, and
      Their political power as an African-American conspiracy

      Is getting them the charter schools through their
      Conspiring with the rems to destroy unions, gov`t run
      Universal programs, etc.; so, their special kids will have
      It like that, and the rest of the majority of kids will have
      It worse, etc.. This while she does great work, as well.
      Yet, we can't have several hundred school systems to
      Meet the needs of the have it like that's in the several
      Hundred demographics of this country; which is not
      Relevant to white and black supremacists, alike. So,
      Also, the dino-in-chief is a few supremacists all rolled
      Into one, and makes sausage with the rems better than
      Any other butcher at present, but, we can`t allow the
      Supposed Christian al-queda, king george, romney and
      The rems, desire to re-engineer this country into a
      Supposed Christian replica of a Middle East monarchy
      And theocracy to happen, even though the supposed
      Christian taliban, the dinos, are wit' it by nite, being
      Social conservatives, even though they're against it by
      Day, also being liberal dems. Another example of
      "Ebony and ivory working together in perfect
      Harmony", besides Barack caddying Mr. Boehner, is
      Reagan Nagin's and Gov'na' Blanco's premeditatedly
      Genociding African-Americans, poor, women, long-
      Term hospitalized, kids, nursing home residents, elderly,
      Handicapped, disabled, mentally ill, homeless, prisoners,
      Et al, doing away with unions, public schools, public
      Housing, animals, etc., by purposely not preventing the
      Flooding of "the bowl", the ninth ward, etc., through
      Purposely not reinforcing the levees for decades, even
      Though they were continually told to and given federal
      $ to, dictating, "the river to take what's the river's"; he

      Should have graffiti on his tombstone, "300 buses and
      No drivers", if there's an African-American in the land.
      You see the a'ightie a'ight and the a'ights singing in
      Perfect harmony with whitie white and the whites
      Makes terrible music for this nation, sowing the seeds
      Of exceptionalist, united, supremacist cacophony to
      Whoever will listen. That extremism in the guise of
      Centrism may fool some of the people all of the time,
      All of the people some of the time, but, it can't fool all
      Of the people all of the time- why be their fool. This
      While we're not exceptions, this nation's been run
      Aground as the majority has let it, as nations have been
      Globally, as has humanity, life, the earth, we must
      Struggle for reality, and speak truth, every moment,
      Everyday; i.e., romney's Mormon cult would prosper if
      He were elected, as would all aspects of its war against
      Girls to women, young men, also, dinos/rems, black and
      White supremacists, are privatizing, to destroy S.S.,
      Because the majority of recipients are elderly white
      Women, since it hasn't worked they've altered tactics,
      Attacking S.S. by giving 3 years of payroll tax cuts,
      Making the 30 year from now insolvency of S.S. 3 years
      Sooner; we can't allow these things to happen- we're
      supposed to have 0 supremacies, not 21, we must
      Struggle to stop their broad attacks on voting, and get
      Out the vote, now. Remember, the intellect can't lead,
      For, the life doesn't follow; and, even though necessity is
      The mother of invention, its father is the evolution. They
      Have engineered necessary conditions for nazification of
      Humanity, yet, all of humanity can rise, as evolutionaries
      Only do, and place their scarcity based nazification in
      Our past, while we embrace the abundance that is reality.

      Poetry, Art related actions:

      Art/Act, soul/social justice, and Happy Holidays!:

      This petition on change.org: Art/Act: soul/justice:

      Art/Act: Celebrate Poetry Mth with actions, write on:

      This petition on change.org: Art/Act: Celebrate Poetry Mth w. acts:

      Valentine Day Coin Drop:

      Improving Literacy Through School Libraries kept open:

      Art/Act: celebrate Dr. M.L. King, Jr.'s holiday:

      Earth Day Coin Drop :)

      Thanksgiving Coin Drop:

      Act/Art: New Year's poetree:

      art, post/discuss poem :)

      Opportunity / Teachers:

      Art/Act For Poetry Month:

      Learn from writers:

      see film + advocate:

      "...Sav(ing) Us":

      JABULANI against HIV/AIDS:

      Arts and Activism:

      music rebuilding lives:

      free speech film:

      got milk?:

      new media:

      Read Diverse:

      Wisdom of Native America:

      Related action on Disabled Greens News and Discussion, the url:

      Art/Act: Good Poetry Month, Write On:

      Places to find my Act/Art poetree, etc..:

      reality's My Space page, blog :

      reality's Yahoo webhostsite:

      with clickable linx; and:

      Reality's Care2 profile page, etc.: