Re: get out the: vote, rems, filibuster, fix; now!

  • thevolutionaries
    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 2, 2010
      Latest updates.

      get out the: vote, rems, filibuster, fix; now!
      Greetings,

      Actually, `the fix is in' in Congress, the filibuster is just the show behind which dempublicans ask how far when remocrats tell them to bend over; we have to get the vote out and get the fix out of Congress- by getting rid of the filibuster, etc.. I've said it in the past, as well, dempublicans are the glove, the puppets, remocrats are the hand, the puppet masters; a dem is a rem whose still haggling over price, when they get it they become rems; if we wanted you to make sausage we wouldn't have voted you into Congress; they almost sunk this country and the global economy with King George and his Dick Cheney's insistence on "bipartisanship", etc., we don't need to finish the job, we need to get the rems out of office, so they can't do much more damage; etc.. Yet, we must give the dems the credit that's due them, and, even though they did practice some politics as usual, they've done a lot; and will do much more- if we get the vote out, get the rems out of office, and then get the filibuster out, as well, for starters. The non-rems deserve another shot, let's get the vote out, for:

      YOU CAN

      Talk the talk, walk the walk, and even
      Be the be, but, if you don't vote the vote,
      You'll never be livin' in a democracy!

      Only then can racial inequality, poverty, etc., truly be dealt with. Thanx. Goodbye.

      Matutinally Yours,

      reality

      This post on Disabled Greens News and discussion:

      get out the: vote, rems, filibuster, fix:

      http://race.change.org/petitions/view/get_out_the_vote_rems_filibuster_fix

      Be Prepared on Election Day

      Know your polling place. You can locate your local polling place online at 866OurVote.org.

      Find out which forms of ID your state requires by visiting the Election Protection website at 866OurVote.org, and make sure to bring those forms of ID with you.

      http://www.866ourvote.org/

      Or call: 1-866-our-vote

      Know Your Rights

      If you are an eligible voter, you have the following rights:
      If your name is not on the official voter list but you believe you are eligible to vote in that precinct, even if an election official challenges your vote, you have the right to cast a provisional ballot.
      If you are in line when the polls close, you are entitled to vote, no matter how long it takes to get to the booth.
      In many states, employers must allow you time to vote at some point during the day. You can't be fired for being late due to long polling lines. Check your personnel policies with your employer.
      You have the right to vote without being intimidated by anyone.
      Visit the Election Protection website for more information on your rights.
      The AAUW Action Fund's Congressional Voting Record for the 111th Congress gives our members and the public critical information about how all members of Congress voted on priority issues.

      http://www.aauwaction.org/VoterEd/cvr.htm

      Because you live in Minnesota, voting couldn't be easier. All you and your friends have to do is show up on Election Day. If you're not registered, you can do that right at your polling place. The stakes this year are simply too great for anyone who cares about the future of this country to stay at home -- and the voting rules in Minnesota make it as easy as possible for you to make sure you can cast your ballot. Voter turnout will be high, so please make a plan about when and how you expect to make it to your polling place -- and talk to at least three friends to make sure they have a plan, too. If you have any questions at all, you can find more information here:

      http://www.RaiseYourVote.com

      Thanks,

      Mitch

      P.S. -- If you encounter any problems at the polls, please call our Voter Protection Hotline at 1-800-311-VOTE begin_of_the_skype_highlighting 1-800-311-VOTE end_of_the_skype_highlighting (8683).

      What you can do: http://www.colorofchange.org :
      Can you volunteer a couple hours of your time this week to call voters? All you need to participate is a phone and your computer (and you don't need to make any long distance calls). Click here to get more info and sign up for a shift:
      http://calloutthevote.com/coc.html?source=coc

      To find the location of your polling place and other voting information in your state, you can visit the League of Women Voters.

      http://www.lwv.org/Elections/index.html

      Forget the doom and gloom:
      Forget the doom and gloom from the mainstream media about this year's elections.
      We're doing what we need to do. And we have got to keep it going.
      This week our goal is to make 20,000 phone calls to potential volunteers through our online calling program. With our handy calling tool, it's super-easy. Can you spend 15 minutes making phone calls? Click to sign up:

      http://pol.moveon.org/2010?id=24112-1718406-cRMZoIx&t=3

      If you haven't yet gotten involved in this election, now's the time. And if you have, it's critical to keep going—and to get your friends, neighbors, co-workers, and anyone you can get your hands on involved.

      FDL activists stepped up for Russ big time:

      http://action.firedoglake.com/feingold

      http://www.FDLaction.com .

      What if?:
      BIRTH CONTROL MATTERS
      It matters to a young woman finishing college or starting a career.
      It matters to the family making ends meet.
      It matters to the mothers and fathers who treasure the children they have.

      http://www.ppaction.org/campaign/bcm10afem/xkwgn64a75e3jmd?source=bcm10afem_e1

      Now it's time to turn the corner and make our FINAL PUSH. We have our "Get Out the Vote!" plans together and WE NEED YOUR HELP!

      http://www.ppaction.org/campaign/PB2010?qp_source=afpb2010%5fafhp

      http://www.plannedparenthoodaction.org

      ADAPT Community has teamed up with the Coalition for Community Integration
      and asked the candidates to pledge their support for eliminating the
      institutional bias and passing the Community Choice Act. The information we
      have received from the candidates has been compiled and is available on the
      Coalition's website at:

      http://www.c4ci.org/find_candidates.php

      Help Haiti in everyway:

      http://globalhealth.change.org/actions/view/help_haiti_in_everyway