moveon.org, etc., dempublican groups acts: Keep going!; etc..

  • james m nordlund
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 2, 2008
      moveon.org, etc., dempublican groups acts: Keep going!; etc..
      Keep going!
      Hey, folks...

      Wow—we're really flying here. In the last 5 hours, we have made
      23,114 volunteer-recruitment calls into battleground states!

      Here are the top 5 callers in the last 5 hours:

      99 calls—Dee B., Bowie, MD
      93 calls—Andrew R., Flagstaff, AZ
      69 calls—Tim D., Newton, MA
      68 calls—Danielle, New York, NY
      66 calls—Kenneth L., New York, NY

      To meet our goal, we need 45,000 more calls for Obama by the end of
      this "power weekend"—can you sign up for a 20-minute shift today or
      tomorrow? Just click here:

      http://pol.moveon.org/obama/teams/index.html?id=14947-1718406-
      LZ1ZHIx&t=3

      Check out this powerful story from one of the Obama volunteers you
      recruited:

      I'm a MoveOn member like you, and every chance I get, I've been
      volunteering here in Lafayette, Indiana. It's the most exciting,
      joyful, amazing experience I can imagine—and sometimes it brings
      tears to your eyes.

      My friend and I were canvassing and registering voters the other day
      here in Lafayette. We knocked on a door, and a woman came out who was
      on the phone. She saw our campaign buttons, briefly put the phone
      aside to tell us she was on an overseas call, and took our clipboard
      to fill out a voter registration form while she continued to talk.
      She was obviously on the phone with her husband, who seemed concerned
      that someone had come to her door—he seemed to want to be sure she
      was safe. She kept saying, "No, honey, it's OK. They are Obama
      volunteers. I'm registering to vote. It's OK."

      Then finally she said to him, "Honey, I have to register so I can
      vote for Obama. He's going to bring you home!"

      It was a beautiful moment. But the truth is, everyone who spends time
      knocking on doors meets people who don't know where to vote, or how
      to vote early, or just need some reassurance that it's okay to vote
      for Obama. They're grateful to see you.

      There are fewer than 72 hours before polls open. Can you sign up for
      a 20-minute shift recruiting volunteers this weekend? Just click
      here:

      http://pol.moveon.org/obama/teams/index.html?id=14947-1718406-
      LZ1ZHIx&t=5

      Thanks for all you do as we elect Obama president.

      –-Justin, Adam G., Peter, Aisling, and the rest of the team

      Want to support our work? We're entirely funded by our 4.2 million
      members—no corporate contributions, no big checks from CEOs. And our
      tiny staff ensures that small contributions go a long way. Chip in
      here.

      PAID FOR BY MOVEON.ORG POLITICAL ACTION, http://pol.moveon.org/. Not
      authorized by any candidate or candidate's committee.

      Re: UPDATE: Obama campaign finances
      james m --

      Yesterday the McCain campaign said they would outspend our campaign
      by $10 million in the final days. This is on top of recent news that,
      as of October 15th, our opponents had $20 million more in the bank
      than our campaign and the DNC combined.

      As of this morning, they may be able to outspend us -- but your
      generosity in response to my last email gives me hope that by the end
      of the day, we can rise to the challenge.

      We knew the McCain campaign was saving its resources for a last-
      minute blitz, and now we know just how much they'll pour into it.

      No matter what, we need to match what our opponents are spending in
      the final stretch. We can't slow down between now and Election Day.

      And if you give again today -- any amount -- you could be one of 5
      previous donors who will have a front row seat for the big Election
      Night event in Chicago with Barack.

      Can you make a donation of $25 or more right now?

      I track the donations coming in, and there's no doubt about it --
      supporters like you have fundamentally changed how presidential
      campaigns are funded. You drive this campaign.

      That's why Barack wants you to be there on Election Night as the
      results come in.

      If you're selected, we'll fly you and a guest in and put you up in a
      hotel. You'll go backstage at the big event and -- no matter what
      happens -- you'll have a front row seat to history as we celebrate
      the supporters who got us over the finish line.

      Any donation counts -- whatever you can afford. Make a donation of
      $25 or more before midnight Sunday and you could have a front row
      seat to history on Election Night:

      https://donate.barackobama.com/frontrow

      These last 3 days, we have to redouble our efforts. And we're
      counting on you more than ever before.

      Let's make this happen.

      Thanks,

      MM

      Marianne Markowitz
      Chief Financial Officer
      Obama for America

      P.S. -- If you can't make a donation, you can help get us across the
      finish line by volunteering to help get out the vote:

      http://my.barackobama.com/november