DOP Acts: Register / FL Regional Conf. Now- July 18-20; etc..

  • james m nordlund
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 1, 2008
      Register for the Florida Regional Conference Now - July 18-20
      Florida Regional Conference
      July 18-20, 2008
      ================================

      Dear Companions in Peace,

      Thank you so much for all you do and the many ways that you
      contribute to a more peaceful world. It strengthens me personally to
      know that we share a vision for peace in our time and that together,
      we put our hope into action. We are living in very exciting
      times...and we at The Peace Alliance know you will agree that Florida
      is once again in a unique position to really make a difference in
      this election campaign.

      Because so much will be invested in the outcome of how Florida votes,
      each candidate will undoubtedly be spending considerable time here.
      This is our opportunity to educate, enlighten, inspire and engage not
      only our fellow Floridians but the candidates themselves regarding
      the Department of Peace and Nonviolence legislation. We can be at
      every venue that candidates appear and our presence will enliven not
      only the conversation and visibility, but our own personal sense of
      accomplishment and inspiration!

      We feel fortunate that the weekend of July 18 -20 has been set to
      have our Florida State Department of Peace Conference in Cleremont,
      Florida, just outside of Orlando. This affords us the perfect
      opportunity to come together and create a master plan for this
      campaign season. Our State Conferences are great at building
      community, deepening our understanding of the legislation, honing our
      own peacebuilding skills, strategizing for coming events, learning
      from one another's experiences and celebrating ourselves and each
      other for our commitment to a safe, peaceful and loving world. We
      hope to see some of you from the Keys to Pensacola and everywhere in
      between!

      Please join us for this special weekend where we will be featuring
      Lynn McMullen, the National Department of Peace Campaign Consultant.
      For those of you that have met Lynn, you know just what a treasure
      she is to all of us. The Registration Flyer follows and please
      RSVP as quickly as possible because space is limited!!!

      With Much Gratitude For You,

      Heart Phoenix
      Board of Directors
      The Peace Alliance

      CAMPAIGN FOR A U.S. DEPARTMENT PEACE FLORIDA STATE REGIONAL CONFERENCE

      Floridians Lobbying for a Cabinet Level Department of Peace

      FRIDAY, JULY 18 ? SUNDAY, JULY 20, 2008

      VACATION VILLAGE RESORT

      CLERMONT, FLORIDA

      BEGINS 7:30 PM ? FRIDAY EVENING AND ENDS AT 2 PM ON SUNDAY

      Featuring: Lynn McMullen,

      Department of Peace National Campaign Consultant

      You are invited to join people from all over Florida who are
      gathering together to share, vision and implement a Florida State
      Strategy for the passing of legislation for a U.S. Cabinet Level
      Department of Peace.

      This legislation continues to gain traction in the House of
      Representatives and just recently Congressman Robert Wexler from
      Florida signed on to the bill due to the efforts of our south Florida
      team. We are continuing to increase our presence and visibility in
      Florida and hope to have a group in each of the twenty-five
      Congressional Districts. Come and be a part of this historic moment
      for peace and nonviolence on the planet.

      You will discover:

      . How to communicate your vision for peace to your
      Congressperson, family and friends.

      . The process of getting a bill through Congress

      . How to create awareness and build coalitions to gain
      support for the DOP bill.

      . How to respond to objections and Frequently Asked
      Questions.

      . How to live the principles of the bill itself.

      . A like-minded community sharing mission, purpose and
      action.

      SLIDING SCALE COST: $100 - $150 PER PERFORMS INCLUDES PROGRAM AND
      LODGING

      Your payment at the higher end helps those that can only afford to
      pay at the lower end.

      Financial Assistance Available If Needed

      [Copy the following into a document you can edit and email or print
      and snail mail back to us.
      Or you can download a PDF version from the website.
      http://www.thepeacealliance.org/content/view/483/148/#florida ]

      FLORIDA REGIONAL CONFERENCE
      FRIDAY JULY 18, 7 PM thru SUNDAY, JULY 20, 2 PM

      VACATION VILLAGE RESORT in CLEREMONT, FLORIDA

      REGISTRATION FORM:

      COST: SLIDING SCALE $100 - $125 PER PERSON DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ?
      (SHARING QUEEN BED)

      SLIDING SCALE - $125 - $150 PER PERSON SINGLE
      OCCUPANCY ? (PRIVATE ROOM)

      Fee Includes Program and Lodging for Entire Weekend

      We have reserved several lofts and villas that sleep anywhere from
      6 ? 10 people. Each dwelling has two bathrooms, a fully equipped
      kitchen with all appliances and utensils.

      Space is Limited! $50 Deposit reserves your space.

      ---------------------

      Any questions?

      Email: heart@... or karenys@...

      Mail Registration and Payments to:

      Jeffrey Weisberg
      2603 Nw 13th St
      Gainesville, FL 32609

      Please register me for the DOP Conference July 18 ? 20

      Name: ___________________________________

      Address:__________________________________

      City: __________________________________

      PHONE: ________________(H) _______________(C)

      E-MAIL ___________________________________

      CONGRESSIONAL DISTRICT __________

      I WOULD LIKE A PRIVATE ROOM ________________

      I WOULD LIKE TO SHARE A ROOM ______________

      NUMBER OF PEOPLE IN MY GROUP _______________

      *ENCLOSED IS MY $50 PER PERSON DEPOSIT OR FULL PAYMENT

      ================================
      This email was sent to select members of The Peace Alliance on behalf
      of the Florida Campaign for a Department of Peace.
      ================================

      The Peace Alliance
      1730 Rhode Island Avenue NW, Suite 712
      Washington, DC 20036
      Tel 202-296-1187
      http://www.ThePeaceAlliance.org

      Ben & Jerry's Names SPA Exec Director "Peace Pioneer;" SPA Reaches
      100 Chapters
      Aaron Voldman Named Ben & Jerry's Peace Pioneer
      SPA Celebrates 100-Chapter Mark
      May 27, 2008

      http://www.thepeacealliance.org/

      Dear james m,

      We are so proud and excited to share this news! Ben & Jerry's, the
      Vermont-based socially conscious ice-cream maker, announced today at
      its New York City Times Square Scoop Shop that Aaron Voldman,
      Executive Director of the Student Peace Alliance (SPA) and Board
      Member of The Peace Alliance, is one of two nationwide winners of
      its "Peace Pioneer" contest.

      The ceremony was part of Ben & Jerry's joint effort with The Lennon
      Estate and Peace One Day, a nonprofit global peace organization, to
      encourage people to work for peace every day.

      Award-winning actress Maggie Gyllenhaal and Jerry Greenfield, co-
      founder of Ben & Jerry's, presented Aaron and fellow Peace Pioneer,
      Robert Kent of the Peace Camp Initiative with donations of $10,000
      each for their respective organizations.

      The $10,000 contribution in support of Student Peace Alliance will be
      donated on a tax-deductible basis to Peace Partnership International
      and restricted for use by Student Peace Alliance in building youth
      leadership for peace.

      Powerful Recognition
      This recognition of the significance of our work is one of the most
      public and mainstream acknowledgments we've received to date.
      Congratulations to you and everyone in the campaign for, as Aaron put
      it in his acceptance remarks, helping "… build this movement to make
      peace as American as ice cream and apple pie."