Green President Candidate debate: San Francisco- video on website

  • james m nordlund
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 1, 2008
      Green Presidential Candidates debate in San Francisco - video on web
      site!
      Arizona needs help with Ballot Access

      Arizona is working toward ballot status and has until March 6th to
      turn in 20,449 good signatures. Petition gatherers have already
      collected approximately 10,000 and need at least 16-18,000 more to
      provide a cushion against contested signatures. Arizona has begun
      using professional signature gatherers and needs help with funding to
      pay these professionals. National Green Party has supported this
      process with donations requiring Arizona to match the funds. You can
      donate to the Arizona Green Party by sending a check to: P.O. Box
      60173, Phoenix, AZ 85082-0173.

      Richard Scott, one of the Coordinators of the Arizona drive says, "We
      can make this goal but it will take cooperation and help from Greens
      around the country to help raise the funds we need to get the job
      done. We have some petition gatherers from out of state coming to
      help but that takes time and coordination - guest gatherers must have
      a local with them when they petition. Donations will help us more
      easily attain our goal. I project that we can get this job completed
      for under $15,000 and we have approximately half that now - so please
      help - send us a check now - we can do this."

      Ballot drives are also underway in Utah - Feb 15 - 2000 signatures,
      Hawai'i - Apr 3 - 663 signatures, North Carolina - May 16 - 69,734
      signatures (in court - we're hoping for a favorable ruling this week
      and Texas - May 27 - 43,991 signatures. Green Line will be covering
      these and all ballot access efforts as they develop. To find out how
      to support Green Party Ballot Access go to:
      http://www.gp.org/committees/ballot/

      Green Debate a Great Success!

      On January 13th Green Party Presidential hopefuls Jared Ball, Jesse
      Johnson, Kent Mesplay, Cynthia McKinney, Ralph Nader (undeclared
      candidate) and Kat Swift took to the stage in a packed auditorium in
      San Francisco for the only Presidential Debate that Mattered.

      According to the Alameda Greens website: "It was a brilliant event!
      800 attendees, nearly a full house, in one of the nicest venues in
      San Francisco, the historic Herbst. All the candidates appeared at
      their best, and were exceptional on stage. All great spokespersons,
      and fine examples of the Green movement. Bay-Area Green Michael-David
      Sasson said: "One of the people who went [to the Debate] and reported
      back to me, vowed to change her registration back to Green, and to
      urge wayward Greens to come back and recruit others to the GP. She
      and her friends are all people of color... which I think is
      significant."

      Candidates McKinney, Swift, Mesplay Johnson and Ball debated a wide
      range of subjects, including tax policy, immigration, climate change,
      and the war in Iraq. Ralph Nader spoke after the debate, focusing on
      the corrosive role of corporate power in politics.

      Peace Activist Cindy Sheehan and former Green Party candidate for
      Oakland City Council and KPFA anchor Aimee Allison moderated the
      debate.

      Pacifica Radio affiliate KPFA rebroadcast the debate and hosted a
      call in show moderated by Allison, political analyst Larry Bensky,
      and former San Francisco Board of Supervisors Chair Matt Gonzalez.

      Many thanks to The Green Party of Alameda County, the San Francisco
      Green Party and the National Delegates Committee of the Green Party
      of California for organizing such a superb event!

      You can watch videos or download the complete audio file of the
      debate at:

      http://www.gp.org/2008-elections/president/sf_debate.php

      For firsthand coverage of the debate, including links to local media
      coverage, go to: http://www.acgreens.org/debate

      Green Party Earthflower Sweatshirt.

      Sweatshirts are the perfect items for these cold winter months. All
      of our items are union-made and sweatshop free so you can be green
      when you buy green. Union Made and Sweatshop free in 80% cotton/20%
      poly, front pocket. $37.50 including shipping.

      The Merchandise Committee is pleased to offer an array of t-shirts,
      hats, totebags, buttons, embroidered patches and more. Check out our
      brand new union made baseball caps and our new Sunflower shirts with
      the four pillars on the back, en espanol. Get ready for fall
      campaigns with our brand new campaign kits and tabling kits.
      Available at Green Online Store:
      https://secure.democracyinaction.com/dia/organizations/Greens/shop/sho
      p.jsp?storefront_KEY=4

      Register Green. Vote Green. Give Green.

      The Green Party does not accept corporate donations. We depend
      entirely on donations from people who are committed to building a
      powerful and progressive alternative to the two corporate parties.

      We ask you to challenge corporate influence in politics by supporting
      the Green Party of the United States! Show your resistance to the
      status quo by enabling us to continue organizing and mobilizing for
      real change. Please help us get out our positive, progressive values
      to new communities, and to deepen our involvement where we're already
      anchored.

      Support us today and please consider becoming a sustainer (look for
      the recurring donation option).
      https://secure.democracyinaction.com/dia/organizations/Greens/shop/cus
      tom.jsp?dona%0A%0Ate_page_KEY=64

      Green Party online shopping just got easier! Visit our improved
      online store.
      https://secure.democracyinaction.com/dia/organizations/Greens/shop/sho
      p.jsp?storef%0A%0Aront_KEY=4

      Americans are ready for Change

      America is ready for the Green Party's message. But we need your help
      in bringing the message to the American people!

      Donate now to the Green Party
      https://secure.democracyinaction.com/dia/organizations/Greens/shop/cus
      tom.jsp?dona%0A%0Ate_page_KEY=64

      Make your friends GREEN with envy. Become a card-carrying Green today!

      Buy Your Green Party Card Online
      https://secure.democracyinaction.com/dia/organizations/Greens/shop/cus
      tom.jsp?donate_page_KEY=1434

      The latest, coolest item in the wallets of progressives is the
      personalized Green Party Card. For $36.00 a year* you can be a card-
      carrying Green. When you become an active supporter of the Green
      Party of the United States, you'll receive our spanking-new card,
      which shows the world that you stand committed to time-honored
      progressive values like liberty, equality, democracy, social justice,
      personal responsibility and focus on the future. In addition, you
      will receive a Green Party button and bumper sticker, a one-year
      subscription to Green Pages, plus all of the information you need to
      get involved and active as a Green. Half of your contribution will be
      shared with your state's Green Party. The Future is Green!

      -------------
      Federal law requires political committees to use their best effort to
      collect and report the name, mailing address, occupation and employer
      for each individual whose contributions exceed $200 in a calendar
      year. Contributions form the following individuals and entities are
      prohibited: corporations, labor organizations, national banks,
      government contractors, people under 18 years of age, and foreign
      nationals.

      *$36.00 is roughly equivalent to the $1.00 paid for a one-year
      membership in the Populist Party of the 1890s. The Populist Party was
      a multiracial, progressive, grassroots third party of working people
      which agitated for many popular progressive reforms. The Green Party
      of the 21st century continues the Populist's fight for citizen
      empowerment and progressive reforms at all levels today.

      feedback and content suggestions should be sent to:
      office@....

      You've been reading Green Line, the monthly e-newsletter of the Green
      Party of the United States. Subscribe for free at gp.org.

      Paid for by the Green Party of the United States

      Green Line is the monthly e-newsletter of the Green Party of the
      United States
      PO Box 57065 Washington, DC 20037
      866-41GREEN or 202-319-7191