Re: TrueMajorityACTION.org: It's a Dead Heat

  • james m nordlund
    Message 1 of 3 , Nov 1, 2006
      Cara Liz Arnone, et al,

      Ni hao. Thanx for your reply. I hope you and yours are well and will
      continue to be. Your intellectual, religious, and spiritual prowess
      make this hard for me to say, yet, I must; as your reply doesn't
      seem to reflect it. You're lying when you say, "I¹m confused.", I
      already told you why I post posts that aren't as Green as you think
      they should be. As well, this is also a lie of yours, "Are you
      suggesting we call people to vote for Democrats, or are you saying
      Greens should sign up and make calls to get out the vote for
      Green¹s?", for, the only people who don't know that these processes
      of calling people involve you and a phone with a person on the other
      end, where you can say anything you want, are people who haven't
      made any calls to get the vote out (which, apparently, means you
      haven't); which, apparently, from your anal retentive supposed
      replies to me, this would be yours, "please, only go out and vote if
      you're Green"; yet, I don't have a stick up my ass, so, I just try
      and get people to go out and vote- allowing for the fact that they
      will choose who they vote for, duh. I made over 500 calls before
      the 2004 imperial election, one for every vote that the fascist
      gov't lied and said the remocrats beat the dempublicans by in
      Florida; my activism/advocacy record is excellent, though, I doubt
      that could be said for you. It's not Green of you to disparage
      others efforts while not posting anything on this list; Green or
      otherwise. It's not Green of you to fabricate you're Green, and I'm
      not, when you know full well I am; nor, is it Green of you to
      pontificate on Greenness. As I said in my last reply to you, I
      don't read every post I post, and I post 100's in 100's of groups,
      especially around election time; globally. I've come to respect
      Codepink and will continue to post their posts, even though you're
      right; for, I support people's desire to discern for themselves. For
      example, I'll post that post and a post from a totalitarian
      perspective, not actually endorsing the post by posting it, nor,
      agreeing with either. Have I said too much, or, is that enough.
      Aslso, if you were diffabled you would know our polity lags a little
      behind the times, and their Greenness might be a little more like
      progressive dempublicans who do work for the environment; I don't
      want to exclude them, I want to post a variety of posts to get more
      people to consider the truth of Greens, through an inclusionary
      process; while most of my posts are 100 % Green. I would have
      thought you might have picked that up from the diversity of posts I
      do post. Thanx for allowing me the oppurtunity to read you, again;
      yet, please do something instead of just trying to stop me from
      doing advocacy. I've been an advocate/activist on all issues, et al,
      for 31 years of my 46; please, do what you can for humanity. Dylan
      Thomas' poem line comes to mind, "...and death (murder) shall have
      no dominion..."; as
      others might say, "we, the people...", can make it so! Still, "la
      machine", the corporate structure, and their ever increasing and
      increasingly interlocking systems of premeditated mass-destruction-
      murdering programs are all just linx in the chains on humanity,
      attempting to stop us from breaking free, we can break the chain of
      murder, the chain of death; by abolishing the over use of fossil
      fuels and being most alive! That's also why I think allowing
      evolution as a common language, as it's the thread that links every,
      in the fabric of life, is a good place to start. For, the corporate
      structure has made a trap of this world, yet, all life is in it,
      so "we..." can't underestimate our responsibility; that generations
      past have heaped on our heads and shoulders by not acting on theirs,
      then. Dylan Thomas' poem's line comes to mind :) "...and death
      (murder) shall have no dominion...", as others might say, "we, the
      people..." can make it so! Will you? By the by, "In Germany they
      [the Nazis] came first for the Communists, and I didn't speak up
      because I wasn't a Communist. Then they came for the Jews, and I
      didn't speak up because I wasn't a Jew. Then they came for the trade
      unionists, and I didn't speak up because I wasn't a trade unionist.
      Then they came for the Catholics, and I didn't speak up because I
      was a Protestant. Then they came for me, and by that time no one was
      left to speak up. - Pastor Martin Niemoeller, 1946", so the story
      goes, though, you might know that they actually came first for the
      mentally ill, elderly, handicapped, diffabled, foreigners, poor
      (Gypsies, Roma, et al); homeless, like the republicans are doing
      now. Defend yourself by defending them, one for all, all for one!
      Remember the lessons of WWII, if you're not taking bullets, you're
      making them, etc.; I'm bleeding every moment, are you? What do you
      think? From the heart in the heart of the heartland. Some groups I
      moderate:
      Disabled Greens News and discussion, home page:
      Abuse in Therapy, homepage:
      Diffabled, Mental Health, all related issues, advocacy, and
      professionals:
      Invite link: http://passport.care2.net/invite.html?g=880 Homepage:
      http://www.care2.com/c2c/group/Diffabled_MentalHealth_Action
      reality's webpage, blog :) http://360.yahoo.com/jamesmnordlund
      "Painting is poetry which is seen and not heard, and poetry is a
      painting which is heard but not seen." ~ Leonardo da Vinci Enjoy
      an autumnal eve' as you can. Copy, share, as you will. Lest "we"
      forget, if you don't exercise responsibility, its Siamese twin
      sister, freedom, will wither like a muscle, as well. Sadly, now, it
      first needs to be exorcized, before its exercised. Viva la evolution!

      Matutinally Yours, james m nordlund reality (aja) :)

      For those interested "of or pertaining to the morning, day: relating
      to or happening in the morning or in the early part of the day
      (formal), (Mid-16th century, from late Latin matutinalis, from
      Matuta, goddess of the dawn.)" Music is life's song accompanying the
      abundance of joy's Spring. I look forward to hearing from you. Au
      revoir.@...> wrote:

      > James,
      > I¹m confused. Isn¹t Move-On a Democratic organization? Are you
      suggesting
      > we call people to vote for Democrats, or are you saying Greens
      should sign
      > up and make calls to get out the vote for Green¹s?
      >
      > I think this could be a great way to reach out to get people to
      vote for
      > GREENS. But I don¹t think our mission is to put dems or repugs in
      office.

      > If we¹re going to help our Greens, let¹s start calling, far and
      wide.

      > Liz
      > --
      >

      > From: james m nordlund <jamesmnordlund@...>
      > Date: Tue, 31 Oct 2006 23:25:43 -0000
      > To: <DisabledGreensNews@yahoogroups.com>
      > Subject: [DisabledGreensNews] TrueMajorityACTION.org: It's a Dead
      Heat

> [...]
      > everyone who's hungry for change gets to the polls. They've taken
      > the voter lists from the most important races in the country and
      > found the progressive-leaning folks who are infrequent voters. It's
      > all online with a simple tool that makes it easy to call these key
      > voters. Together, we're aiming to make over a million of these
      > turnout calls in the next week -- and with races being decided by
      as
      > little as a hundred votes, your participation could make all the
      > difference.
      >
      > Can you take some time this weekend and next Tuesday to make calls
      > to unlikely voters?
      >
      > You can sign up to make calls from home right now, at:
      >
      > http://pol.moveon.org/phone/volunteer/fp.html?rc=TM
      >
      > Or, you can bring your cell phone and make calls in good company
      > from a "calling party." Sign up at:
      >
      > http://political.moveon.org/event/finalpush/?rc=TM
      >
      > The folks over at MoveOn say they've identified more potential
      > voters than they can possibly call on their own. That means these
      > folks are just waiting for our call! (And if we don't reach them,
      > no one will.)
      >
      > Less than one week from now, we will have a historic opportunity to
      > make change -- to finally hold this administration accountable and
      > turn this country around. But to do it, we'll all need to pitch in.
      > Can you join MoveOn's "Call for Change" effort and help make it
      > happen?
      >
      > Just go to:
      >
      > http://pol.moveon.org/phone/volunteer/fp.html?rc=TM
      >
      > With just 7 days left, let's put this thing over the top.
      >
      > Matt Holland
      > TrueMajorityACTION Online Director

      > -----------
      >
      > Visit the web address below to tell your friends about this.
      > Tell-a-friend!
      >
      > If you received this message from a friend, you can sign up for
      > TrueMajorityACTION
      >
      > http://action.truemajority.org/truemajorityaction/join.html?
      > r=bdLPfB41Kzr5E&

      > -----------
      >
      > Are you a Working Assets member?
      > If so, you can help support TrueMajority by voting for us. Your
      vote
      > can help qualify TrueMajority for Working Assets funding and will
      > ensure that urgent messages just like this one get to even more
      > people. Hurry up and cast your vote today. Thanks.
      >
      > Not a Working Assets member? You can still support TrueMajority
      with
      > a donation. Click here to keep these messages going to even more
      > people!
      >
      > TrueMajorityACTION.org is a grassroots group of citizens who
      believe
      > in America's true values of openness, fairness and compassion. We
      > believe participating in an effective government is the best way to
      > be mutually responsible for our community.
      >
      > TrueMajorityACTION.org, 191 Bank Street, Third Floor, Burlington,
      VT