ADA

  • toledobenalli
    Message 1 of 3 , Jan 30, 2006
      Can someone tell me what exactly defines ADA as far as accomadations at
      the work place? For example at my work, I work 2 hours away and spend 3
      nights a week in a dorm to do my work--then I drive home 2 hours back
      to my family. This is very hard on me...what do you think?
    • Anthony Weishar
      Message 2 of 3 , Feb 3, 2006
        It depends on your disability. The law is designed to adjust the environment to your disability within reason. say you have Seasonal Mood Disorder. You can ask that the maintenance staff replace the white light with full spectrum light that you supply.If the dorm arrangement or extended TDY is aggravating the disability, then you bring a medical statement and work out a solution with the company HR people according to the ADA.

        toledobenalli <toledobenalli@...> wrote: Can someone tell me what exactly defines ADA as far as accomadations at
        the work place? For example at my work, I work 2 hours away and spend 3
        nights a week in a dorm to do my work--then I drive home 2 hours back
        to my family. This is very hard on me...what do you think?

        Learning disabled Disabled equipment Disability right

        ---------------------------------

      • james m nordlund
        Message 3 of 3 , Feb 4, 2006
          Dear toledobenalli, et al,

          Hello. Welcome. Hopefully our fellow group members will help you
          out more, as I can only do this, for, my health and diffabilities
          are worsening, yet, I think you'll find all you need in these
          groups. Also, these linx, and hundreds more, can be found in the
          linx sections of the groups I moderate; some of which are listed
          below. Here's some groups for ADA, diffability rights, news and
          views, et al.

          U.S. :)

          ADA-EMPOWERMENT · Empowering people with disabilities by using the
          Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) is the purposeful mission of
          this list.

          Description :)
          Empowering people with disabilities by using the Americans with
          Disabilities Act (ADA) is the purposeful mission of this list.
          This list will discuss all titles of the ADA, which are: Title 1:
          Employment, Title 2: State and Local Government Activities, Title 2:
          Public Transportation, Title 3: Public Acommodations and Title 4:
          Telecommunications. Another important thing that will be clarified
          on this list is the three prong definition of the ADA, which are:
          past, present and preceived disability. Also, what is a qualified
          disability under the ADA will be clarified for the members of this
          list. This is a list where anyone can get vital informaton on the
          ADA, share ideas to force ADA compliance with businesses and other
          identities in the world today. We will also talk about legislative
          updates to the ADA and reflect on what these updates mean to people
          with disabilities ability to gain equal access in the world. The ADA
          is a very empowering law that people with disabilities are using as
          a tool in the forefront of the Disabilities Civil Rights Movement.

          Group Email Addresses :)
          Post message: ADA-EMPOWERMENT@yahoogroups.com
          Subscribe: ADA-EMPOWERMENT-subscribe@yahoogroups.com

          ADA_LAW_IMPACT · THE ADA LAW IMPACT DISCUSSION GROUP

          Description :)
          This is a group to discuss disability information. The primary focus
          is the LAW of disability ADA, 504, IDEA, The Rehabilitation Act, but
          it is also a medium to encourage networking and empowerment of
          people with disabilities. The 11 commandment -on this list- is no
          flaming of posters. We can agree and also disagree. The emphasis is
          discussion of disability issues in a positive manner.

          Group Email Addresses :)
          Post message: ADA_LAW_IMPACT@yahoogroups.com
          Subscribe: ADA_LAW_IMPACT-subscribe@yahoogroups.com

          Advocates_For_People_With_Diffabilities · diffability issues

          Description :)
          This is a list to keep abreast of ADA issues. Post news, question
          issues, answer queries, but do not flame or you are INSTANTLY gone.
          Activism is strongly encouraged. We will work together and
          appreciate each others differences. Support for each other is
          expected and appreciated. This is not a place to judge each other.
          This is a place to empower each other. If you can be part of a
          movement that puts the "whole" above the "individual", you are
          welcome here. Please do not forward people's personal comments or
          words or any parts of list conversation. News, notices and URLs are
          free for the taking. Also, please do not post parts of conversation
          from other lists.

          Group Email Addresses :)
          /
          Post message:
          Advocates_For_People_With_Diffabilities@yahoogroups.com
          Subscribe: Advocates_For_People_With_Diffabilities-
          subscribe@yahoogroups.com

          Global and U.S. :)

          Disability-Rights-News-and-Views · Disability-Rights-News-Views-
          Discussion

          Description :)
          We are a Worldwide disability civil rights, ADA, advocacy, support,
          information and discussion group. We try to make the people aware of
          the needs and laws of the disabled. We share newsletters and discuss
          them. Our members are kept well informed. We also try to assist each
          other to the best of our abilities. We welcome members who are
          either disabled with any disability, caregiver, advocate,
          professional or non-disabled. Our members are welcome from
          throughout the United States and Worldwide. We have our own
          archives, chatroom, photo albums, link sites and polls. Feel free to
          research or add to any of these resources. This group was founded on
          July 5, 2002. The reason I founded it was because of the horrible
          manner other people and myself were being treated in other groups. I
          decided I wanted to help others as much as I could so my group would
          not be like the others and that I would treat others the way I would
          want to be treated...

          Group Email Addresses :)
          and-Views/
          Post message: Disability-Rights-News-and-Views@yahoogroups.com
          Subscribe: Disability-Rights-News-and-Views-
          subscribe@yahoogroups.com

          What do you think? From the heart in the heart of the heartland.
          Some of the groups I moderate :)
          Disabled Greens News and discussion, Group :)
          Abuse in Therapy, Group :)
          Diffabled, Mental Health, all related issues, advocacy, and
          professionals: Invite link:
          """"http://passport.care2.net/invite.html?g=880"""" Homepage:
          """"http://www.care2.com/c2c/group/Diffabled_MentalHealth_Action""""
          "Painting is poetry which is seen and not heard, and poetry is a
          painting which is heard but not seen." ~ Leonardo da Vinci Enjoy
          a festive eve' as you can. Lest "we" forget, if you don't exercise
          responsibility, its Siamese twin sister, freedom, will wither like a
          muscle, as well. Sadly, now, it first needs to be exorcized before
          its exercised. Viva la evolution!

          Matutinally Yours,

          james m nordlund reality (aja) :)

          Music is life's song accompanying the abundance of joy's Spring.
          For those interested :) "of or pertaining to the morning, day:
          relating to or happening in the morning or in the early part of the
          day (formal), (Mid-16th century, from late Latin matutinalis, from
          Matuta, goddess of the dawn.)". I look forward to hearing from you.
          Copy, share, as you will. Goodbye.