2020 vision: The End of the Line for Bolton

  • james m nordlund
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 1, 2005
      The End of the Line for Bolton
      In these dangerous times, we cannot afford to put at risk our
      nation's ability to successfully wage and win the war on terror with
      a controversial and ineffective ambassador to the United Nations."
      -- Sen. George Voinovich

      Dear Supporter:

      Please Act Now!

      http://www.2020vision.org/campaign.jsp?campaign_KEY=532

      Bolton's nomination is currently being debated, and the vote is
      scheduled for tomorrow night.

      Send a message to your Senators

      Tell a friend

      With the end of the crisis over judicial nominations, the Senate is
      finally ready to take up the nomination of John Bolton for Ambassador
      to the United Nations. If we are ever going to speak up, the time is
      now.

      Please take a moment to send a message to your Senators.

      By now, I don't need to remind you why we must oppose this
      nomination. Bolton's contempt for international agreements of any
      kind is well known. His specific disdain for the United Nations has
      been ably documented. His aggressive and undiplomatic interpersonal
      skills have been exposed. And his role in changing intelligence
      reports to suit his political views, compounded by his habit of
      punishing those who disagree with him, has been brought to light as
      well.

      The Senate knows all the reasons they should vote against Bolton. But
      right now, some of them fear the power of the administration that
      nominated Bolton more than they think the voters care about this
      issue. That's why they need to hear from you now.

      Sometimes, we become active to try to change the debate. That's why
      we sponsored a debate at The Ohio State University. Sometimes, we
      become active to spread the word. That's why we're grateful that so
      many of you have forwarded these messages to your friends and
      neighbors.

      At times like this, we simply need to stand up and be counted. The
      Senate needs to know that this is not a "throw away" vote. Senators
      need to understand that we do care about the United States' role in
      the world, and that we care about leading the way to a safer world.
      They need to know that we are paying attention.

      The issue is clear. The time is now. Please, join the effort.

      Thank you,

      Ron Zucker

      Tell a Friend! http://www.2020vision.org/thankYou.jsp?campaign_KEY=532
      Take action! http://www.2020vision.org/campaign.jsp?campaign_KEY=532