Forming Speakers Bureau on Codex and Regulation of Supplements

  • james m nordlund
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 1 2:56 AM
      Forming Speakers Bureau on Codex and Regulation of Supplements

      Name: John Hammell, President IAHF
      E-Mail: jham@...
      Subject: Response to Meridaraines@...- Everyone Please Read
      IAHF Webmaster: Breaking News, Whats New, What to Do, All Countries,
      Codex,
      EU FSD, Walking in Balance

      IAHF List: Please take the time to read my response to
      Meridaraines@...
      and please communicate with me regarding it, especially if you would
      like to be
      part of the IAHF Speakers Bureau so you can help me by doing radio
      shows and
      public speaking yourselves.
      Together, we can roll this boulder uphill, its a big load for me to
      try to
      carry without more help. Please forward this information to more
      people, and
      encourage them to also get actively involved in the fight back.

      Body of Message:

      At 09:23 AM 3/30/04 -0500,Meridaraines@... wrote:
      Dear John Hammell:

      I'll be listening in and have been supporting the Coalition For
      Natural
      Health for the last 2 years (since I heard about it). I fully
      appreciate that you
      are out there fighting the FDA and the pharmaceutical companies that
      want
      complete control over our supplements, our money, our freedom to
      choose, and
      ultimately, us. Please continue your work and keep us informed! Many
      thanks!

      IAHF Response:

      Thanks for contacting me. Will you be listening via the web, or via
      the radio
      from California? I'm trying to see how many people listen from
      outside KPFA's
      broadcast range via the web, and how many listen via the radio.
      Please help
      me out by participating on our Community Bulletin Board at
      http://www.iahf.com
      where you can post ideas, suggestions, comments, and especially-
      information
      about what YOU are doing in your local area to help inform more
      people so that
      they too will become more active in fighting back.

      When I first started doing this health freedom work back in 1989, I
      was an
      unpaid volunteer for well over a year. I was earning a living by
      running a
      janitorial service called Dawn's Light Floor Company. I stripped and
      waxed floors,
      cleaned carpets, polished marble floors and refinished them, waxed
      and
      polished wood floors- working mostly at night. I maintained a string
      of hair salons-
      shining up all the chrome on the barber chairs, cleaning the mirrors,
      toilets,
      floors, windows. I cleaned acres of carpets in office buildings,
      banks, and I
      also installed and refinished wood floors from time to time drawing
      on past
      experience as a boat builder.

      I did this work while I was writing a book about my orthomolecular
      recovery
      from schizophrenia, but had to stop working on this book (for which I
      had
      interviewed people across North America who had also recovered from
      schizophrenia
      the way I had- via taking vitamins. I was forced to drop this book
      project in
      order to fight the FDA.

      I tell people this, because frankly, we're in the same situation
      today as we
      were in 1989, its just not as apparent on the surface- they're in our
      faces,
      but most people simply don't see it because they're not familiar with
      the
      ramifications of our having joined the WTO, and they fail to grasp
      that we've been
      set up by the pharma dominated vitamin trade associations which are
      keeping
      their members in the dark about what is going on- thats why no one is
      seeing
      flyers in the health food stores the way we were during the campaign
      to pass
      DSHEA in the early 90s.

      Although I was working mostly at night, I'd grab a few hours sleep
      and then
      shlep off to visit every health food store within a 50 mile radius of
      my house,
      which at the time was in Morristown, New Jersey, just outside of New
      York
      City. My rounds took me into Manhatten, and there were a ton of
      stores in my area
      to visit. I kept a log of directions to all the stores, their phone
      and fax
      numbers (this was before most people had email), and the names of the
      owners,
      managers, and store personnel.

      I did my best to get to know these people on a personal level, and
      found that
      even back then NNFA was corrupt. NNFA was originally in FAVOR of
      passage of
      the Nutrition Labelling and Education Act, a stealth bill which the
      cartel ramme
      d through the House at high speed during the summer while people were
      on
      vacation and not paying attention.

      It was on its way to the Senate like a guided missile aimed straight
      for the
      heart of the dietary supplement industry, when I back burnered my
      book, and
      jumped in with both feet to fight back.

      I was new to lobbying, and made lots of mistakes, but learned
      quickly, guided
      by the most experienced health freedom lobbyist in the world: Clinton
      Ray
      Miller, who is still my main mentor today.

      Clint started lobbying for health freedom in the early 1960s after
      the FDA
      raided his health food store in Bountiful, Utah where he had been
      making
      "illegal" health claims on bread that he'd been baking to an old
      family recipe that
      had been brought over from Germany. His health food store doubled as
      a bakery.

      After the raid, Clint said to his wife Bonnie: "Bonnie, I've had
      enough! Lets
      pack, we're movin' to Washington!"

      And so Mr.Miller moved to Washington, beginning the first vitamin
      lobby in
      the world as lobbyist for the National Health Federation.

      Today Clint is in his 80s and is still actively working part time as
      lobbyist, travelling all over the USA to fight dieticians bills at
      the state level
      mostly, but he was with me at a Codex meeting in Germany, and he's
      been with me
      to London England to meet the guys from the Alliance for Natural
      Health.

      Together, we can win this fight, but only if people get personally
      involved,
      so please post info on the Community Bulletin Board at
      http://www.iahf.com to
      let others know what you are doing in your local area to awaken more
      people.
      One thing I recommend is to download copies of the interview Greg
      Ciola did
      with me from http://www.thehealthcrusader.com/pgs/article-0104-
      ban.shtml and
      encourage more people to donate to IAHF via http://www.iahf.com and
      to the
      Alliance for Natural Health at http://www.alliance-natural-
      health.org . Please
      download this information and get it around to every health food
      store in your area.
      They are all being lied to by NNFA on this issue, they're being led
      to the
      cliff by pharma interests controlling their trade association. The
      same exact
      thing is happening in Canada, Europe, Australia, everywhere. Its a
      very
      dangerous thing when all of the vitamin trade association, world
      wide, are being so
      heavily dominated by pharma interests that the grass roots can learn
      the truth
      about whats really going on from their local health food store- so
      its up to us
      to awaken these stores, and to enlist their help to communicate with
      the
      sales reps that walk in to these stores, so that they in turn can
      wake up their
      companies.

      I have confidence that we WILL prevail, but I need everyone out there
      to help
      me because I'm just one person.

      I need people to volunteer to be part of a speaker's bureau so that
      many more
      people can help me do radio shows. I have the contacts and can put
      people on
      the air, but first they need to let me know of a willingness to help
      in this
      way and I can work with them to get them sufficiently around the
      learning curve
      that they can do radio shows and public speaking as my friend Dr.
      Robin
      Falkov has and a few others.

      Some people see this battle and just give up in their minds. That
      saddens me.
      We have to be stronger than that.

      Each of us has more inner strength than we realize. Back in 1975,
      when I was
      a senior in high school, I ran and completed the New York Marathon. I
      had
      never run a marathon before. The longest previous race I'd ever run
      was just a 3
      mile cross country race on my high school team. At the start I had
      butterflys
      as I stretched and did warmups. I looked around me at all the other
      runners,
      all going through their own pre-race rituals.

      At about the 18 mile mark I hit the proverbial wall. My lungs ached,
      I had a
      bad side stich in my left side and my calves ached badly- but just as
      thought I might have to stop running, I got my "second wind" and had
      the strength to
      carry on and over the finish line.

      I've been in this marathon that all of us are running since 1989, and
      I get
      my second wind every time someone jumps in with both feet in the way
      I did 14
      years ago.

      We CAN win this battle, we can do ANYTHING WE SET OUR MINDS TO DO.

      And we're not alone either.

      There is a Creator who loves us, who gave us the vitamins and herbs
      for our
      use, for healing purposes.

      We can pray for strength and guidance, at any time, any place. We
      MUST pray
      for strength and guidance because we're up against the world's
      biggest
      investment industry, and they are bound and determined to crush us,
      to break our
      spirits, but they will never succeed.

      The reason they will never succeed is that we're not going to let
      them. Every
      time I click my mouse to send this information out, its being
      forwarded to
      many more people who are signing on to the IAHF email distribution
      list at
      http://www.iahf.com The tide will turn. The wind will be blowing from
      a different
      direction, and when all is said and done, the pharma cartel will be
      gnashing
      their teeth, crying out in the darkness of their own creation, unable
      extinguish the light that shines within our hearts and minds.

      I'm doing another sweat in two weeks on the Semiamoo Reserve near
      White Rock,
      British Columbia. Anyone living in the Seattle or Vancouver
      metropolitan
      areas who would like to join me is more than welcome- just sent me an
      email. If
      you live outside North America and would like to build a sweat lodge,
      I can tell
      you how, just email me- its very easy, costs almost nothing, and much
      good
      can come from the effort. There are native american sweat lodges now
      on all
      continents. Its not a religion, its a way of life. There are people
      who go to
      sweat lodge ceremonies who are Christians, Jews, Athiests, Agnostics,
      Muslims,
      Hindus, you name it- but whatever you believe in, or don't, its a
      healing
      experience to pray in your own way, and to develop your powers of
      intuition. We
      oppose secret combinations of men, acting clandestinely, and the
      truth is not in
      them. Please pay a visit to the "Walking in Balance" section of the
      IAHF site if
      you are feeling overwhelmed with stress. We need everyone to get as
      healthy
      as they can for this fight back.
      For Health Freedom,
      John C. Hammell, President
      International Advocates for Health Freedom
      556 Boundary Bay Road
      Point Roberts, WA 98281-8702 USA
      http://www.iahf.com
      jham@...