Re: New to mail list

  • Ian & Ann Galbraith
    Message 1 of 4 , Oct 1, 1998
      John,
      I will be fitting decoders to two Marklin locomotives in the near future
      and will programme them with the PR1 bas previously. The earlier locos
      were programmed, CV61 as 04, with the PR1 and acceleration, deceleration
      and start voltages set. The locomotives are all able to move at a crawl
      and progress to the speed setting very smoothly. I left one on the test
      track, 1 Marklin track section, with the throttle just on and the loco
      moved it's own length in approximately 35 minutes.

      Regards
      Ian

      Ian Galbraith... Interests. NZR Modelling in Sn3�
      Ann Galbraith...Interests. Aviary Birds & Stamp Collecting
      We are at home at peninsok@...
      Ph/Fax +64 6 377 3603
      Visit the Wairarapa Railway Modellers at:
      http://www.Geocities.Com/Heartland/Ranch/9698/

      ----------
      From: John Burkhardt <burkhj@...>
      To: digitrax@onelist.com
      Subject: [Digitrax] Re: New to mail list
      Date: Tuesday, 29 September 1998 1:39

      From: "John Burkhardt" <burkhj@...>

      Ian,
      in an earlier posting to the group, possibly before you joined, I asked the
      following question which you might be able to answer:

      > 5. I programmed a DH140 decoder with the CV Programmer to CV61 at 04
      > for a Maerklin Locomotive, but to reset the performance CV's the
      > decoder is now no longer recognised by the PR-1, and I could not get
      > CV61 set back to normal?

      Have you had this problem or how did you program the Maerklin locos. If you
      do not adjust start voltage the loco will only start at approx. 50% speed
      setting.

      Regards,
      John Burkhardt
      Message 2 of 4 , Oct 1, 1998
        Ian,
        Thanks for coming back on this - I trust you seen Loy's remarks on the
        subject, as well as my answer - now if you need any assistance with RUGBY
        (VBG -TIC) please do not hesitate to call.
        Regards,
        John Burkhardt
        South Africa - where the sun always shines!