Light on Panel

  • Jerry Ashley
    Message 1 of 5 , Nov 1, 2002
      I noticed when plugging in or installing another hookup for my throttles yesterday a small light in the center of the UP-3.....it says loco net on it but where in the heck does it plug into.......after four years I think I need glasses......or new ones at least...it says to connect to the other panels with wire but where on the digitrax unit does it go to light the things up ......Jerry

    • Jerry Ashley
      Message 2 of 5 , Nov 1, 2002
        UH OH, more holes to drill and more wire to run......you know after four
        years of this digitrax, I believe you learn something every day.....Mike
        THANKS and I will proceed to hook this little light up.....to impress more
        visitors......Jerry
        > Jerry, it sounds like you are describing the track status light on a UP3.
        It
        > is lit by by its connection to track power via the two screw terminals on
        > the rear of the UP3.
        >
        > Mike Gleaton
        > Southern Digital Southeast
        > Charleston, SC

      • Mike Gleaton

        • rmoore@cmhc-schl.gc.ca
          Message 4 of 5 , Nov 1, 2002
            Hello Mike Gleaton of Southern Digital Southeast. There was some
            discussion a few months back about diodes blowing on the UP3 panels but I
            don't recall what was causing the diodes to burn. Can you or anyone in
            this group refresh my memory? Is there anything we should remember when
            we're connecting the LEDs to the track?

            Bob M.

            Visit "Railways of Eastern Ontario" at
            http://www.railwaybob.com
          • Peter Ely
            Message 5 of 5 , Nov 1, 2002
              Bob,

              It was being caused, in our case, by a damaged throttle that was causing
              a short between some of the loconet cable wires inside the throttle or
              crimp. Wiring the status LED had no bearing on it.

              Cheers, Peter

              Peter C. Ely mailto:cprail1@...
              Head DCC guy, Santa Susana Pacific Railroad
              Open to the Public Sundays 1-4 http://www.trainweb.org/ssmrc/
              Charter Member of the NMRA DCC Working Group