Re: Week 5 Reflection Questions for Day 1

  • jehantalat@ymail.com
    Message 1 of 9 , Feb 7, 2012
      I liked the Makesbeliefs comic generator, I had fun making comics. Voicethread is another tool that I liked because I'm focusing on my students to speak English and using voicethread they can tell stories both verbally and in pictures and they'll also learn to coment on each other's work. I think voicethread is great for my students.

    • jehantalat@ymail.com
      Message 2 of 9 , Feb 7, 2012
        I liked the Makesbeliefs comic generator, I had fun making comics. Voicethread is another tool that I liked because I'm focusing on my students to speak English and using voicethread they can tell stories both verbally and in pictures and they'll also learn to coment on each other's work. I think voicethread is great for my students.
      • yesimkuymulu
        Message 3 of 9 , Feb 8, 2012
          Reflection questions and answers for them.
          Q1 What were your favorite digital storytelling tools/apps and why?
          My favourite tools are:Storybird and Littlebirds tales too (Little birds tales allow you to add your own pictures and not only to write the story but to record your voice telling it). ToonDoo Makebeliefs- stripgenarator are my favourite tools to create comics . Voicethread is amazing. I haven't tried Voxopop and photopeach but I love Jing and Dvolver , Animoto. I wanted my students to make videos by using one of these tools. All of them are useful and enjoyable. I'm sure my students will learn a lot when they use them regularly.
          Q2 Do you believe mobile digital storytelling is useful in the classroom? Why? Why not?
          Yes, I do . It's useful for me as a teacher of English. Generally children like stories, illustrations, comics, cartoon characters.While they are having fun, also they are learning. For this reason they learn English by experiencing.
          Q3 What digital storytelling presentations from other participants impressed you? Why?
          I like almost all of them. Every teacher was creative and made me impressed to explore the tools they used.
          Q4 How will you use the information learned in this session with your young learners? Please be specific.
          At the end of the last term I made my students use some of the tools, prepare their own comics, videos or stories and then send them to my email. They're amazing. I'll have them do their projects by using them.
          Thank you for this opportunity to learn and to share our experiences.