Re: Week 5 Reflection Questions for Day 1

  • valerica_danaila
    Message 1 of 9 , Feb 7, 2012
      Q1 What were your favorite digital storytelling tools/apps and why?
      My favourite tools are:Storybird ( creativity , collaboration- in the classroom or with students from other schools , the book as final product motivate students) and Littlebirds tales too (Little birds tales allow you to add your own pictures and not only to write the story but to record your voice telling it). ToonDoo is my favourite tool to create comics . My students prefer Professor Garfield because they have the possibility to create their own characters. Voicethread is amazing. I used it to record my students speaking about their favourite seasons using some posters made by them in groups. I discovered Voxopop (during the 4th week when we had to collaborate to create a story and I liked it because our students can add their ideas to continue a story and they have the opportunity to hear themselves and their colleagues too). I love Jing . I started making short videos for my students to explain them new items or difficult Maths problems and I sent them (on our class' mail - everybody has a computer at home and internet connection )to study better at home.
      Q2 Do you believe mobile digital storytelling is useful in the classroom? Why?
      Why not?
      Yes, I do . It's useful for me as a teacher for primary school and in second language teaching (as I teach English to young students too). Children like stories, illustrations, comics, cartoon characters, they like to play so Digital storytelling offers them what they like and need for their age. Learning seems to be easier and funnier using this tools.
      Q3 What digital storytelling presentations from other participants impressed
      you? Why?
      It's difficult to say because I liked all of them. Every teacher was creative and made me curious to explore the tools they used.
      Q4 How will you use the information learned in this session with your young
      learners? Please be specific.
      As I answered the Q1, I started using some of the tools during my classes . I want to continue to use them for school projects too.
      Thank you for this opportunity to learn and to share our experiences.

    • jehantalat@ymail.com
      Message 2 of 9 , Feb 7, 2012
        I liked the Makesbeliefs comic generator, I had fun making comics. Voicethread is another tool that I liked because I'm focusing on my students to speak English and using voicethread they can tell stories both verbally and in pictures and they'll also learn to coment on each other's work. I think voicethread is great for my students.

        Message 3 of 9 , Feb 7, 2012
          I liked the Makesbeliefs comic generator, I had fun making comics. Voicethread is another tool that I liked because I'm focusing on my students to speak English and using voicethread they can tell stories both verbally and in pictures and they'll also learn to coment on each other's work. I think voicethread is great for my students.
        • yesimkuymulu
          Message 4 of 9 , Feb 8, 2012
            Reflection questions and answers for them.
            Q1 What were your favorite digital storytelling tools/apps and why?
            My favourite tools are:Storybird and Littlebirds tales too (Little birds tales allow you to add your own pictures and not only to write the story but to record your voice telling it). ToonDoo Makebeliefs- stripgenarator are my favourite tools to create comics . Voicethread is amazing. I haven't tried Voxopop and photopeach but I love Jing and Dvolver , Animoto. I wanted my students to make videos by using one of these tools. All of them are useful and enjoyable. I'm sure my students will learn a lot when they use them regularly.
            Q2 Do you believe mobile digital storytelling is useful in the classroom? Why? Why not?
            Yes, I do . It's useful for me as a teacher of English. Generally children like stories, illustrations, comics, cartoon characters.While they are having fun, also they are learning. For this reason they learn English by experiencing.
            Q3 What digital storytelling presentations from other participants impressed you? Why?
            I like almost all of them. Every teacher was creative and made me impressed to explore the tools they used.
            Q4 How will you use the information learned in this session with your young learners? Please be specific.
            At the end of the last term I made my students use some of the tools, prepare their own comics, videos or stories and then send them to my email. They're amazing. I'll have them do their projects by using them.