let´s try a project

  • Stael Ruffinelli
    Message 1 of 10 , Feb 3, 2012
      Dear all,
      I would love to have our students write a story with your students. We start classes in March. It will be fantastic to encourage diversity and awareness of different cultures around the world.
      Looking forward to hearing from you.
      Cheers, Stael
    • davedodgsonelt
      Message 2 of 10 , Feb 4, 2012
        Hi Stael,

        This is a great idea and something we should definitely follow up after this course. We will talk about it today in the webinar - maybe we could set up a website for teachers and classes to find each other for these projects. What do you think?

        --- In DigitalStorytelling4Kids@yahoogroups.com, Stael Ruffinelli <ruffinellistael@...> wrote:

        > Dear all,
        > I would love to have our students write a story with your students. We start classes in March. It will be fantastic to encourage diversity and awareness of different cultures around the world.
        > Looking forward to hearing from you.
        > Cheers, Stael

      • bertenu2000
        Message 3 of 10 , Feb 4, 2012
          Hi Dave and Stael,
          I am also looking forward to a collaboration with friends and students around the world.I think producing something global after this extremely informative workshop is great.My students and other colleagues will also be enthusiastic about it.Hope to meet you in today's Webinar:)))Regards,
          Buket.
        • yesimkuymulu
          Message 4 of 10 , Feb 4, 2012
            Dear Stael,
            I think you 're right. We can encourage our students to collaborate with each other; learn and teach their own cultures; share their own ideas as we've been doing here. Since the beginning of the course We've been learning and sharing our ideas.After the term holiday I'll try to explain to my students.
            Regards, Yesim

            --- In DigitalStorytelling4Kids@yahoogroups.com, Stael Ruffinelli <ruffinellistael@...> wrote:

            > Dear all,
            > I would love to have our students write a story with your students. We start classes in March. It will be fantastic to encourage diversity and awareness of different cultures around the world.
            > Looking forward to hearing from you.
            > Cheers, Stael

          • ruffinellistael
            Message 5 of 10 , Feb 4, 2012
              Hi Dave,
              Thank you for replying. Your suggestion is great. Unfortunately, I missed today webinar but I will listen to the recording for sure. It will be good if could set up a website for teachers. I just don´t know how to do that ):-
              Looking forward the website!!!
              Stael

              --- In DigitalStorytelling4Kids@yahoogroups.com, "davedodgsonelt" <dave.dodgson@...> wrote:

              > Hi Stael,
              >
              > This is a great idea and something we should definitely follow up after this course. We will talk about it today in the webinar - maybe we could set up a website for teachers and classes to find each other for these projects. What do you think?
              >
              > --- In DigitalStorytelling4Kids@yahoogroups.com, Stael Ruffinelli <ruffinellistael@> wrote:
              > >
              > > Dear all,
              > > I would love to have our students write a story with your students. We start classes in March. It will be fantastic to encourage diversity and awareness of different cultures around the world.
              > > Looking forward to hearing from you.
              > > Cheers, Stael

            • ruffinellistael
              Message 6 of 10 , Feb 4, 2012
                Hi Bucket

                Yes, let´s do it!!!Stael

                --- In DigitalStorytelling4Kids@yahoogroups.com, "bertenu2000" <b_ertenu@...> wrote:

                > Hi Dave and Stael,
                > I am also looking forward to a collaboration with friends and students around the world.I think producing something global after this extremely informative workshop is great.My students and other colleagues will also be enthusiastic about it.Hope to meet you in today's Webinar:)))Regards,
                > Buket.

              • daniela
                Message 7 of 10 , Feb 4, 2012
                  Hi Dave and Stael,
                  Hi everybody!

                    I am starting the semester next week, but I already know that I'll have a young learner group. They are 8 year olds learning to read and write in English for the first time. They can already read/write well in their mother tongue (Portuguese), but they are real beginners when comes to English. I will work with shared reading to contextualize the vocabulary and functions they have in their books. Students will also have the chance to expand on the texts by personalizing and creating their own stories. If you are curious, please read about shared reading here .

                   I set up a blog for them, and I'm planning on posting their readings there. I see it as an efl  version of smories...Of course much simpler because I do not have the skill to set up such an amazing site...
                  Here  is the link. I'd love to have some of you guys join me in this efl/esl  reading/ writing stories project.
                  The blog is pretty bare since there are only two recordings from last semester... I'm sure that I'll use a lot of what I learned here to find new ways to share the readings, and I'd love to have people editing this space with me. Please let me know...
                  I missed the webinar today, and I am having problems with the recording. I get to see it, but I cannot listen. I'm totally for the idea of a place that we all could get to see what projects we start so that we could be able to collaborate.
                  Cheers from Brazil!
                  Dani
                  --- In DigitalStorytelling4Kids@yahoogroups.com, "ruffinellistael" <ruffinellistael@...> wrote:

                  > Hi Dave,
                  > Thank you for replying. Your suggestion is great. Unfortunately, I missed today webinar but I will listen to the recording for sure. It will be good if could set up a website for teachers. I just don´t know how to do that ):-
                  > Looking forward the website!!!
                  > Stael
                  >
                  > --- In DigitalStorytelling4Kids@yahoogroups.com, "davedodgsonelt" dave.dodgson@ wrote:
                  > >
                  > > Hi Stael,
                  > >
                  > > This is a great idea and something we should definitely follow up after this course. We will talk about it today in the webinar - maybe we could set up a website for teachers and classes to find each other for these projects. What do you think?
                  > >
                  > > --- In DigitalStorytelling4Kids@yahoogroups.com, Stael Ruffinelli <ruffinellistael@> wrote:
                  > > >
                  > > > Dear all,
                  > > > I would love to have our students write a story with your students. We start classes in March. It will be fantastic to encourage diversity and awareness of different cultures around the world.
                  > > > Looking forward to hearing from you.
                  > > > Cheers, Stael

                • Chiyuki Yanase
                  Message 8 of 10 , Feb 5, 2012
                    Dear all,

                    Brilliant idea to set up website for teachers and students to share. It would be wonderful if we could.

                    I would like to join you, Dani. I've listened the story your student read and thought wonderful and inspiring. I will ask some of my students to leave some comments on your blog if it is ok.

                    Cheers
                    Chiyuki

                    --- In DigitalStorytelling4Kids@yahoogroups.com, "daniela" <danilyra@...> wrote:

                    > Hi Dave and Stael,Hi everybody!
                    > I am starting the semester next week, but I already know that I'll
                    > have a young learner group. They are 8 year olds learning to read and
                    > write in English for the first time. They can already read/write well in
                    > their mother tongue (Portuguese), but they are real beginners when comes
                    > to English. I will work with shared reading to contextualize the
                    > vocabulary and functions they have in their books. Students will also
                    > have the chance to expand on the texts by personalizing and creating
                    > their own stories. If you are curious, please read about shared reading
                    > here
                    > <http://tryingoutweb24ed.blogspot.com/2012/01/learning-shared-reading.ht\
                    > ml> .
                    > I set up a blog for them, and I'm planning on posting their readings
                    > there. I see it as an efl version of smories...Of course much simpler
                    > because I do not have the skill to set up such an amazing site...Here
                    > <http://sharedreadingefl.blogspot.com/view/mosaic> is the link. I'd
                    > love to have some of you guys join me in this efl/esl reading/ writing
                    > stories project. The blog is pretty bare since there are only two
                    > recordings from last semester... I'm sure that I'll use a lot of what I
                    > learned here to find new ways to share the readings, and I'd love to
                    > have people editing this space with me. Please let me know...I missed
                    > the webinar today, and I am having problems with the recording. I get to
                    > see it, but I cannot listen. I'm totally for the idea of a place that we
                    > all could get to see what projects we start so that we could be able to
                    > collaborate.Cheers from Brazil!Dani--- In
                    > DigitalStorytelling4Kids@yahoogroups.com, "ruffinellistael"
                    > <ruffinellistael@> wrote:
                    > >

                    > > Hi Dave,
                    > > Thank you for replying. Your suggestion is great. Unfortunately, I
                    > missed today webinar but I will listen to the recording for sure. It
                    > will be good if could set up a website for teachers. I just don´t
                    > know how to do that ):-
                    > > Looking forward the website!!!
                    > > Stael
                    > >
                    > > --- In DigitalStorytelling4Kids@yahoogroups.com, "davedodgsonelt"
                    > dave.dodgson@ wrote:
                    > > >
                    > > > Hi Stael,
                    > > >
                    > > > This is a great idea and something we should definitely follow up
                    > after this course. We will talk about it today in the webinar - maybe we
                    > could set up a website for teachers and classes to find each other for
                    > these projects. What do you think?
                    > > >
                    > > > --- In DigitalStorytelling4Kids@yahoogroups.com, Stael Ruffinelli

                    > students. We start classes in March. It will be fantastic to encourage
                    > diversity and awareness of different cultures around the world.

                  • yitzha
                    Message 9 of 10 , Feb 5, 2012
                      Hi guys

                      That sure is a good idea
                      My students are 5 years old, but they are equipped with their own laptop to use and we have 30 minutes each week to use it in a very good wi fi connection class. so I think something like voicethread or animoto can work for them

                      So excited about it

                      Icha

                      --- In DigitalStorytelling4Kids@yahoogroups.com, Stael Ruffinelli <ruffinellistael@...> wrote:

                      > Dear all,
                      > I would love to have our students write a story with your students. We start classes in March. It will be fantastic to encourage diversity and awareness of different cultures around the world.
                      > Looking forward to hearing from you.
                      > Cheers, Stael

                    • bertenu2000
                      Message 10 of 10 , Feb 6, 2012
                        Dear Stael,
                        Thanks a lot for your enthusiastic reply for collaboration:)))My students and my colleagues are eager to collaborate in a project:)We started our second term today and we are looking forward to more collaborations through Digital Stories:))))
                        Regards,
                        Buket.