Re: good inexpensive matt paper?

  • ben
    Message 1 of 18 , Nov 1, 2009
      I have been using Hawk Mountain, "Sparowhawk". It is duel sided, and have used it with MIS inks with my R1800. It works very well. Every bit as good as Epson's enhanced matte paper.

      http://www.hawkmtpaper.com/grayhawk.htm#SH

      For test prints, it is handy to use both sides. It is a good weight to feed in an Epson desktop too.

      Ben

      --- In DigitalBlackandWhiteThePrint@yahoogroups.com, "Mike Johnston" <wpajohnson@...> wrote:

      > Hi,
      > I am an amateur photographer.
      > I have been using low end Epson printers with MIS ink for
      > around 5 years. I have been using Kirkland glossy photo paper - it is very
      > inexpensive and gives good results.
      >
      > I am thinking of moving to a new printer and Piezography inks.
      > For the lower priced set ups I don't think these inks support glossy paper.
      >
      > The question is, what is a good inexpensive matt (or luster?) paper I can
      > use?
      >
      > Thanks
      > Mike Johnston

    • Ernst Dinkla
      Message 2 of 18 , Nov 1, 2009
        Mike Johnston schreef:
        > Hi,
        > I am an amateur photographer.
        > I have been using low end Epson printers with MIS ink for
        > around 5 years. I have been using Kirkland glossy photo paper - it is very
        > inexpensive and gives good results.
        >
        > I am thinking of moving to a new printer and Piezography inks.
        > For the lower priced set ups I don't think these inks support glossy paper.
        >
        > The question is, what is a good inexpensive matt (or luster?) paper I can
        > use?
        >
        > Thanks
        > Mike Johnston

        Switched from Epson Enhanced Matte to HP Matte Litho Realistic recently.
        Naturel color instead of the EEM, heavier in weight (270 grams) and cheaper.
        I expect it will keep its base color longer than EEM.
        Not a Photorag quality but it prints nice.
        There is a quad media preset for it on my Z3100-3200.
        Can't tell what it does with Piƫzography inks but I do not expect
        problems there.

        --
        Met vriendelijke groeten, Ernst

        Dinkla Gallery Canvas Wrap Actions

        | Dinkla Grafische Techniek |
        | www.pigment-print.com |
        | ( unvollendet ) |
      • Jules
        Message 3 of 18 , Nov 1, 2009
          Visit the Paris Photo Fair in two weeks and you will see that a lot of people now sign the back.We don't , we sign the mount.
          Jules

          --- In DigitalBlackandWhiteThePrint@yahoogroups.com, "tboleyyh" <tyler@...> wrote:

          > then how would anyone know it's art?
          >
          > --- In DigitalBlackandWhiteThePrint@yahoogroups.com, Mark Savoia <mark@> wrote:
          > >
          > > Sign the back?
          > >
          > > Mark
          > > http://www.stillrivereditions.com
          > >
          > > On Oct 30, 2009, at 3:44 PM, Gary wrote:
          > >

          > > > Tyler,
          > > >
          > > > I purchased some of the Exhibition Fiber and it looks good using
          > > > K3. The
          > > > only issue seems to be in signing the print as pencil is not
          > > > working. What
          > > > are you or others using to sign this paper or other glossy papers?
          > > >
          > > > Thanks,
          > > >
          > > > Gary Wagner

        • David Aschkenas
          Message 4 of 18 , Nov 2, 2009
            Sorry, I forgot the link to the NEW MEXICO photos.

            Here it is

            http://www.daschkenasphoto.com/new%20work/index.html

            David

            --