Re: The Imaging Factory Closing Shop

  • lund_sorensen
    Message 1 of 9 , Feb 1 4:11 AM
      The Color-to-BW pro plug-in is a true little gem. I saw the message
      from Oscar Rysdyk a couple of months ago. Sent him a mail just to let
      him know I really appreciate what he have createt. Mind you, the
      software can still be downloaded and bought. Recommended.

      Kind Regards

      Niels

      --- In DigitalBlackandWhiteThePrint@yahoogroups.com, "lou4photo"
      <lmeluso@...> wrote:

      > I just found out the owner of the Imaging Factory, maker of the fine
      > Color-to-BW pro plug-in, along with others, is closing his doors due
      > to personal reasons. Read about it on his site.
      >
      > http://www.theimagingfactory.com/
      >
      > I've really enjoyed his conversion product in earlier versions of
      > Photoshop and sung it's praises here on several occasions. Hate to
      see
      > him go but wish him well on his future ventures.
      > Lou Meluso

    • Tony Wells
      Message 2 of 9 , Feb 1 5:28 AM
        Another, free, converter programme can be found here
        http://www.optikvervelabs.com/ It is perhaps more suitable for amateur use
        however. This is what I use and can recommend it though, especially with the
        additional plug-ins.

        Tony Wells.

        Message 3 of 9 , Feb 1 6:50 AM
          I have used Convert to B&W for a while and really like it. You have a
          choice of a slider that takes you through the spectrum and/or setting
          the conversion one of a number of B&W films. The effect is shown in
          real time on the image. One thing I am curious about and want to try
          is whether it can be applied via layers. It would be nice to use
          different effects on different parts of the image.

          Steve

          --- In DigitalBlackandWhiteThePrint@yahoogroups.com, "Tony Wells"
          <oaksfield@...> wrote:

          > Another, free, converter programme can be found here
          > http://www.optikvervelabs.com/ It is perhaps more suitable for
          amateur use
          > however. This is what I use and can recommend it though, especially
          with the
          > additional plug-ins.
          >
          > Tony Wells.

        • Kip Babington
          Message 4 of 9 , Feb 1 7:10 AM
            This is indeed sad news. Convert-BW was the software I have used from
            the beginning of my digital photography. In fact I did not covert from
            film until I found it - I have been a B&W photographer since the '60s
            and was not going to go digital until I was sure I could keep making
            monochrome images conveniently on a computer. As an old darkroom guy,
            Convert-BW was the most intuitive piece of digital photo software I
            could imagine.

            It's too good a product to just disappear. One hopes that someone with
            the technical skills needed to keep it going will pick up the reins and
            soldier on.

            Cheers,
            Kip

            lund_sorensen wrote:

            > The Color-to-BW pro plug-in is a true little gem. I saw the message
            > from Oscar Rysdyk a couple of months ago. Sent him a mail just to let
            > him know I really appreciate what he have createt. Mind you, the
            > software can still be downloaded and bought. Recommended.
            >
            > Kind Regards
            >
            > Niels
            >

            > _._,___

          • Eric Neilsen
            Message 5 of 9 , Feb 1 7:22 AM
              RealGrain can be used as layers. I'll need to look at Convert to B&W to see
              how it compares, but at some point we all move forward in a comfortable
              relationship. I found mine in RealGrain and the new CS3, LR controls.

              Eric Neilsen Photography

              4101 Commerce Street

              Suite 9

              Dallas, TX 75226

              http://e.neilsen.home.att.net

              http://ericneilsenphotography.com

              Skype ejprinter

              _____

              I have used Convert to B&W for a while and really like it. You have a
              choice of a slider that takes you through the spectrum and/or setting
              the conversion one of a number of B&W films. The effect is shown in
              real time on the image. One thing I am curious about and want to try
              is whether it can be applied via layers. It would be nice to use
              different effects on different parts of the image.

              Steve

              --- In DigitalBlackandWhit
              <mailto:DigitalBlackandWhiteThePrint%40yahoogroups.com>