Re: [Digital BW] AIPAD Photography Show

  • Todd Flashner
    Message 1 of 11 , Feb 1, 2002
      on 2/1/02 1:29 AM, SKID Photography wrote:

      >>> Actually he only reason that I'm thinking of attending is to see what inkjet
      >>
      >>> output is at the show, and how they 'handle' it.
      >>
      >> I've never been but this may be good for that:
      >> <http://www.artexpony.com/landing.asp?siteid=2>
      >>
      >> I'm planning on checking it out. And there seems to be a concurrent art
      >> framing show too.
      >>
      >> Todd
      >
      > Yeah, but the AIPAD show is the classic high end art dealers vehicle, and
      > *that's* where it would be interesting to see the inroads the inkjet medium
      > has
      > made.

      Maybe this will be the year....Doubt it, but...

      Todd
    • marktuckerdotcom
      Message 2 of 11 , Feb 1, 2002
        --- In DigitalBlackandWhiteThePrint@y..., SKID Photography
        <skid@b...> wrote:
        > Actually the only reason that I'm thinking of attending is to see
        what inkjet
        > output is at the show, and how they 'handle' it.

        This was exactly my interest too. That, and hopefully also to see
        some nice work as well. Plus, a bagel from Essa Bagel in
        midtown.

        I also was sent that ArtExpo link by someone else, and
        wondered about the difference in the two shows.

        I would just like to go to something like this, and see how the
        language is for digital printing. And to see how the prices seem
        to compare to silver prints. And to see if there's an
        "embarrassment factor" by showing inkjet/digital. In that
        highbrow world, I think you could learn a lot in one place.It also
        would be interesting to exactly what type of work actually SELLS.

        MTucker
      • Bob Obenland
        Message 3 of 11 , Feb 1, 2002
          > I also was sent that ArtExpo link by someone else, and
          > wondered about the difference in the two shows.
          >

          > MTucker

          I have been to the ArtExpo Show.

          From original Picasso prints to Grandma's doilies
          glued on colored matt board.

          Booths are rented by galleries, print distributors
          (publishers) and individual artists and craftsman.

          The show sells to the public but
          is designed for "the trade" which
          in this case is "frameshops and print galleries"

          I went 2 years ago and there were
          a few iris prints, and a few photo displays...
          and lots of "commerical" high art.

          Think: craft fair goes to the big city
          in search of a new identity.

          There will be something there thats nice
          besides all the other...

          Thanks
          Bob Obenland