Re: [Digital BW] Bowhaus IJC / OPM

  • Ronald Janowsky
    Message 1 of 6 , Sep 1, 2007
      Leonard,
      > This last week I've sent a couple of email to sales@... to find out a little more about their IJC / OPM software which I am considering purchasing. Specifically I asked if they did a demo version and if they could send me a list of the Hahnemuhle and Epson paper profiles which possibly might come with the software.
      > I haven't had any response from the company and I wondered if there are any others in this group who have had experience , successful or otherwise, in getting replies to questions from Bowhaus, as that is also an important factor in contemplating a software purchase.

      last year I had the same situation as you. I also was quite interested
      in the IJC/OPM software from Bowhaus. But my pre-sales questions sent to
      software@... were answered very fast by Joe Berndt himself. Even
      after purchasing the software Joe was very fast in helping me
      sorting out some newbie troubles with the software. In fact I'm very
      happy with the support form Bowhaus.

      Very helpful are the two following papers:

      http://www.bowhaus.com/contributors/IJC%20Tutorial%20Rev%203.pdf
      http://www.bowhaus.com/contributors/InkLimits03A_compressed.pdf

      See attached the profile list I got from Joe last November.

      Please feel free to contact me directly, if you've got more questions.

      Ronald

      Message 2 of 6 , Sep 1, 2007
        Leonard-

        I would agree with Ronald. We've been using IJC/OPM for several years; currently, we're using it to drive a 7600 with the neutral and sepia Cone inks. It's a very good RIP, and the personal service from Bowhaus is exemplary. The latest version, only available for Canon at the moment, looks to be one of the most intelligent and user friendly interfaces we've seen.

        Bill Kennedy
        K2 Press
        Austin, Texas

        Message 3 of 6 , Sep 1, 2007
          --- In DigitalBlackandWhiteThePrint@yahoogroups.com, BKPhoto@... wrote:
          > I would agree with Ronald. We've been using IJC/OPM for several years; currently, we're
          using it to drive a 7600 with the neutral and sepia Cone inks. It's a very good RIP, and the
          personal service from Bowhaus is exemplary. The latest version, only available for Canon at
          the moment, looks to be one of the most intelligent and user friendly interfaces we've seen.

          -----------------

          I have been using IJC/OPM to drive my Epson R2400 with Museo Silver Rag using only the
          Photo Blk, Light Blk, and Light Light Blk. It is very easy to use. If I have a question, I post it
          on the IJC/OPM forum and I get an answer from the company within a day or two. I really the
          Silver Rag Tri-Tone look, so that is the only profile that I use. I use kirkland as a test paper.

          Martin
        • TK Thompson
          Message 4 of 6 , Sep 1, 2007
            I contacted them about 2 months ago inquiring about the B&W RIP. Prompt
            response (~2 days) but they didn't support the Epson R2400 printer at that
            time which is a shame! Has anybody heard anything about Bowhaus
            supporting the R2400 in the future?

            Cheers,

            TKThompson

          • mxgo95747
            Message 5 of 6 , Sep 1, 2007
              I have an Epson R2400 and IJC/OPM driver for quite a while. It may be that the the type of
              connection (Firewire) that they did not support. Here is the website:

              http://www.bowhaus.com/services/IJCOPMmain.php4

              Also read the message board, there is a lot of information there pertaining to the 2400
              and IJC/OPM.

              Like I said in my previous posting, I am quite happy with it. Since, I had the bowhaus
              driver, I never use Epson's ABW.

              Martin

              --- In DigitalBlackandWhiteThePrint@yahoogroups.com, "TK Thompson" <tktincnm@...>