Re: [Digital BW] Re: VideoBlog on new HP Self-Profiling Printers

  • Steve Kale
    Message 1 of 35 , Oct 1, 2006
      But is this real? Do we have any independent testing? (playing catch up
      here)

      From: john dean <deanwork2003@...>
      Date: Sat, 30 Sep 2006 18:26:15 -0000
      To: <DigitalBlackandWhiteThePrint@yahoogroups.com>
      Subject: [Digital BW] Re: VideoBlog on new HP Self-Profiling Printers

      You know what is odd about that video? It doesn't discuss the fact
      that HP has more than doubled the print life of pigment inks over
      both Epson and Canon while at least equaling their gamut? Which means
      no spraying for fading or gloss issues. Strange that the marketing
      people in Barcelona didn't even mention it! To me that is a lot more
      significant than internal profile creation, as nice as that may be.

      john

      .

    • Greg
      Message 35 of 35 , Oct 9, 2006
        For those that want to follow this line of discussion, here is a thread
        that I started:
        http://forums.dpreview.com/forums/read.asp?forum=1003&message=20384961
        Hopefully some of the people that have seen both units can comment.

        Hopefully Yahoo won't mess up the link!