Re: [Digital BW] Glossy paper preferences?

  • Steve Kale
    Message 1 of 44 , Apr 1 12:00 AM
      ??? About as eloquent and clear as any US president of recent times....

      > From: Tyler Boley <tyler@...>
      > Date: Fri, 31 Mar 2006 23:52:04 -0000
      > To: <DigitalBlackandWhiteThePrint@yahoogroups.com>
      > Subject: Re: [Digital BW] Glossy paper preferences?
      >
      > --- In DigitalBlackandWhiteThePrint@yahoogroups.com, Steve Kale
      > <stevekale@...> wrote:
      >>
      >> Neither of which are "glossy" - Tyler himself termed the former "almost
      >> glossy".
      >
      > There you go, perfect example. Always try to stay away from saying
      > anything specific. I learned that from my president.
      > Could have been "is amost glossy", but then we'd have to go back one
      > administration for "is" and I fear the entire discussion will go
      > sideways..
      > Tyler

    • Olivier
      Message 44 of 44 , Apr 2 11:20 AM

        > Isn't Chasseur d'Images getting part of their tests from
        > ColorFoto ?
        >
        > Ernst.

        That would great a lot of noise if true !!!

        I went to the link : no way I get a word...They're a magazine in
        France too called "Inkjet" but I wouldn't dare posting a single of
        their paper review. I believe for glossy we're on our own.

        Tetenal Fine Art Premium Glossy is not bad, but only small sizes.
        Amongst, all Epson ones, like Paul, I'd go for semi-matte, low
        bronzing, clean surface, the only thing, is like Luster, it tends to
        be slightly warm-green compared to Premium Gloss and semi-gloss. And
        it's definitely not a hi-gloss paper, but a good compromise. For some
        reasons, I feel hi-gloss papers do not show really vibrant colors as
        compared to semi-glossy ones, I feel they tend to flaten the print,
        but it's a personal view.

        I'm still a believer we can produce decent BW on glossy stock, though
        I must say I'm not yet there. Jon Cone is working on it, let's see.