Re: [Digital BW] MIS Pro Archival Inkset

  • Ernst Dinkla
    Message 1 of 22 , Jul 1, 2005
      >If it was just a different name, then they would have said "formerly
      >MIS XXXX".

      Yes, that's what you would expect then.

      But if the inks have all the nice features you mention (and I take your
      word for it) why on earth don't they tell us that instead of adding
      information to that ink that is an exact match to the text of the MIS
      7600 but the tail cut off.

      The MIS answer to my question didn't help either. More compatible ....

      MIS has tried the same ink but you are using that ink from another
      supplier, yet the colors of MIS and your ink are not the same, you can't
      get from MIS what you are using right now and you probably never used
      the MIS 7600 inks ............ I'm sure it is correct but I find it
      confusing, I think I will wait for some months to see what is what exactly.

      There's no urge either I have to say. I will add the Epson Photo Black
      that I already have to the MIS 7600 set in my 10000 for gloss printing
      and that's good enough for the moment. The MIS 7600 color inks have
      enough gloss on Fuji-Hunt.

      Ernst
    • dfaprinting
      Message 2 of 22 , Jul 1, 2005
        --- In DigitalBlackandWhiteThePrint@yahoogroups.com, Ernst Dinkla
        <E.Dinkla@c...> wrote:

        > >If it was just a different name, then they would have said "formerly
        > >MIS XXXX".
        > >

        > Yes, that's what you would expect then.
        >
        > But if the inks have all the nice features you mention (and I take
        your
        > word for it) why on earth don't they tell us that instead of adding
        > information to that ink that is an exact match to the text of the MIS
        > 7600 but the tail cut off.

        I really would like to compare these MIS inks to what I'm using now to
        see if/what differences there are. But I'm not going to buy them,
        especially since they give very little description of what's new or
        better. Maybe it is just a name change, and the will be adding a light
        light black to them, not really sure.

        One thing to do would be to compare the L*a*b* values of the full 7600
        cyan and magenta to what I'm using. Maybe printed on a Hahnemuhle
        paper. It would need to be from a linearization test strip from a RIP,
        not from the RGB driver. Compared to the MIS GP Archival inks, the ink
        I'm using now is very different.