Re: Join us at MEDIAPHOTO Yahoo Group - Tim

  • Christer Rosewelll
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 1, 2004
      Tim,

      You certainly have the right to your own opinion but I strongly
      disagree with you.

      EP is full of folks who have given years of attention and of their time
      without any compensation whatsoever - actually some have taken funds
      out of their own pockets to ensure that EP flourished and those
      guys/girls are well - highly - respected members of the photographic
      society - and they have given and given over and over again with the
      only goal to help our profession survive - and they have seen the
      education of beginners as a necessity for this to happen. And thousands
      have been getting lots of information and knowledge for nothing thanks
      to these guys/girls.

      As for the statement that a few simple FAQ's is enough to educate
      anyone is simply silly - every day there are posts from members asking
      for feed back on companies, publishers or someone letting the rest of
      us know about a specific onerous contract. These are facts and
      information that you will never find on a forum run by beginners.

      I guess I will not "see" you in the EP forums in the future but I wish
      you well.

      I posted my original posting in the hope it would be beneficial to
      someone. But, perhaps YOU will give of your time and knowledge and help
      the newbies on the new list - and make sure it does not become what
      you think EP was/is if you feel so strongly about it.

      That's it from me on this subject.

      Christer, AKA Christer Rosewell
      http://www.ChristerArt.com
      3.4+ million visitors to date..