Re: [Digital BW] Re: LCD vs. CRT

  • Hans Van Rafelghem
    Message 1 of 77 , Nov 1, 2004
      >If you are on a budget check into www.lacie.com and take advantage of one of the 19" or
      >22" "refurbished" crt monitors that are a real steal because not only do they have a
      >warranty but also, the last I checked, included a $5.00 total shipping charge. Can't beat
      >that. The Lacie monitors use Sony tubes and have very good software for color calibration
      >and mine have lasted for years without loosing contrast.
      >
      >John

      Don't!

      Although I am a happy LaCie user (now) I have had 3 so called
      "refurbished" units to replace a broken LaCie. I ultimately demanded a
      brand new LaCie and got one. The rand new was perfect, the 3
      "refurbished" units all had serious flaws.

      Oh yes, LaCie does not use Sony tubes but Diamondtron (Mitsubitshi) tubes.

      This might be interesting though :
      http://www.lacie.com/be/products/product.htm?id=10137
      http://www.photographyblog.com/comments.php?id=4022_0_1_0_C
      --

      Hans Van Rafelghem
      http://www.vanrafelghem.com
      Message 77 of 77 , Nov 5, 2004
        I prefer a dual monitor setup and bought two "reconditioned" Lacie Electron
        Blue IV CRTs for $199 each (Reg $379). Not all monitors on Lacies clearance
        corner are indeed reconditioned. Some are returned inventory which cannot be
        sold as new. My monitors were brand new with a 90 day warranty. Right now on
        their site, they have 19's available for 199 and 22's for $499. I've been
        more than happy. BTW, I'm talking aboti Lacie's website.
        Thanks!
        JOe