Re: [Digital BW] UT7 inks and Paul's Curves - I have a problem

  • virtuallygrey
    Message 1 of 7 , Sep 1, 2004
      --- In DigitalBlackandWhiteThePrint@yahoogroups.com, "Paul Roark"
      <paul.roark@v...> wrote:
      > It's hard to say what the problem might be, but I'd be sure the
      color
      > management is in "No Color Adjustment" (after hitting "ICM"). Be
      sure the
      > tone curve is either on a flattened image or on the top layer.
      >
      > I'm not sure I've ever seen results from a 2100 as opposed to
      2200. So, I'm
      > also not 100% sure the printers are the same. The 1290, for
      example, prints
      > slightly darker than the 1280 when the UT2 curves are used.
      >
      > The fact that the sliders work is a good sign, however.
      >
      > Paul
      > www.PaulRoark.com
      > __________________

      Thanks Paul - I was at first puzzled by exactly what you say above -
      and in your written guidance. You say "I'd be sure the color
      management is in "No Color Adjustment" (after hitting "ICM")". I
      hadn't realised that the ICM check box you refer to is on the front
      tab of the driver whilst the "No Colour Settings" is under the
      Advanced button. I actually ticked ICM on the advanced page, and
      noticed that the No Colour Adjustments was not selected - so I
      thought that was it. BUT, clearly I was printing with ICM switched
      on - but presumably with whatever colour adjustment it saw fit to do.

      I've tried a print or two using curves and - they do exactly what
      they are supposed to do.

      So, the moral for me here is "FOLLOW THE INSTRUCTIONS - TO THE
      LETTER" ... !

      Thanks Paul.

      BTW, everything I've seen and experienced about the 2100 says it's
      the same as the 2200 - but then I can't follow instructions so who
      am I to say! Does anyone know different?

      Steve Gledhill
      http://www.virtuallygrey.co.uk