Re: [Digital BW] Softproofing mono with EyeOne Match- additional

  • Gareth
    Message 1 of 8 , May 1, 2004
      Is there anyway to use this profiling on a PC without using QTR? In
      addition, is there anyway to allow the proofing instructions for use
      on an Eye-One to be downloaded to a PC?

      Thanks

      Gareth

      --- In DigitalBlackandWhiteThePrint@yahoogroups.com, "Roy Harrington"
      <roy@h...> wrote:
      > --- In DigitalBlackandWhiteThePrint@yahoogroups.com, "Paul D.
      DeRocco"
      > <pderocco@i...> wrote:
      > > > From: Tyler Boley [mailto:tyler@t...]
      > > >
      > > > This is a slight add-on to the excellent work Carl and Roy did
      working
      > > > out how to make Match work with custom charts, and providing
      files etc..

      > > I must have missed that thread. Can you point me to it?
      > >
      > > Ciao, Paul D. DeRocco
      > > Paul mailto:pderocco@i..
      >
      > Hi Paul,
      >
      > We came up with a way to use the Eye-One with i1Match to create
      > grayscale softproofs for any gray output method. The results
      > are much better matching of screen vs print.
      >
      > See my website QuadToneRIP > Softproofing
      > There's a write up and a few files.
      >
      > Roy
      > www.harrington.com
    • Roy Harrington
      Message 2 of 8 , May 1, 2004
        The proofing files and instructions are in stuffit format .sit
        I think there's a free uncompress program for PC on stuffit.com

        If this turns out to be more of a hassle, would .zip files be the
        best format for PC's?

        Roy

        --- In DigitalBlackandWhiteThePrint@yahoogroups.com, "Gareth" <g.loc@o...> wrote:
        > Is there anyway to use this profiling on a PC without using QTR? In
        > addition, is there anyway to allow the proofing instructions for use
        > on an Eye-One to be downloaded to a PC?
        >
        > Thanks
        >
        > Gareth
        >
        > --- In DigitalBlackandWhiteThePrint@yahoogroups.com, "Roy Harrington"
        > <roy@h...> wrote:
        > > --- In DigitalBlackandWhiteThePrint@yahoogroups.com, "Paul D.
        > DeRocco"

        > working
        > files etc..
        > > >
        > > > I must have missed that thread. Can you point me to it?
        > > >
        > > > Ciao, Paul D. DeRocco
        > > > Paul mailto:pderocco@i..
        > >
        > > Hi Paul,
        > >
        > > We came up with a way to use the Eye-One with i1Match to create
        > > grayscale softproofs for any gray output method. The results
        > > are much better matching of screen vs print.
        > >
        > > See my website QuadToneRIP > Softproofing
        > > There's a write up and a few files.
        > >
        > > Roy
        > > www.harrington.com
      • altaf bhimji
        Message 3 of 8 , May 1, 2004
          probably .zip files for PCs - but for Macs - stuffit appears to be
          standard - and is very well integrated with panther...

        • sdmey4@aol.com
          Message 4 of 8 , May 1, 2004
            In a message dated 5/1/2004 9:58:21 AM Pacific Daylight Time,
            altaf@... writes:

            > probably .zip files for PCs - but for Macs - stuffit appears to be
            > standard - and is very well integrated with panther...

            Stuffit PC version works fine, I often recieve and deliver files to and from
            Mac's,
            So I would think most PC users would want a program to unzip Mac formated
            files.
            Steve Meyers