Adjustment curves with Roark workflow-

  • Steven Karafyllakis
    Message 1 of 4 , Jan 2, 2004
      I just (after a year of on-off use) got around to testing wether
      placing an adjustment curve above or below Paul's partition curves
      makes a difference. Did someone mention this and I missed it
      completely? It makes a huge difference, at least on this test/image!
      Placing the adj. below the part. curve produced lower contrast,
      posterization, and a very obvious blue shift in the midtones (Ultra-
      tone VM inks). The very same curve above the partition curves
      produced what I expected: neutral tone, good contrast, a smooth
      ramp. As they say...

      Steve Karafyllakis
    • Chris Hargens
      Message 2 of 4 , Jan 2, 2004
        Two questions: 1) What kind of adjustment curves? 2) What you do you
        mean by "below" and "above"?
        Chris Hargens

        --- In DigitalBlackandWhiteThePrint@yahoogroups.com, "Steven
        Karafyllakis" <steve@s...> wrote:
        > I just (after a year of on-off use) got around to testing wether
        > placing an adjustment curve above or below Paul's partition curves
        > makes a difference. Did someone mention this and I missed it
        > completely? It makes a huge difference, at least on this
        test/image!
        > Placing the adj. below the part. curve produced lower contrast,
        > posterization, and a very obvious blue shift in the midtones (Ultra-
        > tone VM inks). The very same curve above the partition curves
        > produced what I expected: neutral tone, good contrast, a smooth
        > ramp. As they say...
        >
        > Steve Karafyllakis
      • Editor P.O.V. Image Service
        Message 3 of 4 , Jan 3, 2004
          Steven,

          Application of the curve should be the LAST thing one does b4 printing..

          Keith Krebs

          "Just some guy," caretaker of the Multiverse's largest EPSON printer
          User Community (highly recommended by Vogon Poets and MegaDodo
          Publications), at:
          and the Multiverse's largest Canon printer User Community at:
          "For the rest of you out there, the secret is to bang the rocks together
          guys"
        • Barrett Benton
          Message 4 of 4 , Jan 4, 2004
            --- In DigitalBlackandWhiteThePrint@yahoogroups.com, "Editor
            P.O.V. Image Service" <editor@p...> wrote:
            > Steven,
            >
            > Application of the curve should be the LAST thing one does b4
            >printing..

            A2, Brutus? ;-)

            - Barrett