Re: [Digital BW] Re: MIS VM Sepia and QTR

  • Reinier van der Ryst
    Message 1 of 16 , Oct 31, 2003
      > you mentioned that you where using GIMP-PRINT 4.3.18
      > aka the "unstable release." did you actually use it
      > with QTR and was it compatible? and did you have any
      > crash or computer freakout issues with that release

      John

      I am using Debian and had to upgrade it to quite a lot with unstable
      modules before it would even compile. It was however stable and I
      could print with xpp, qtcups and gtklp without any problems.

      I think, like Ernst, that the stable 4.3 is very near and it would be best
      to wait for it. I just wanted to whet your appetites with its possibilities.
      As soon as I get my new 1290 I am going to get 4.3.21 going.

      Reinier
    • john eckenrode
      Message 2 of 16 , Nov 1, 2003
        thanks reiner
        apparantly roy is writing some of his own code too and
        will post an updated QTR with a bunch of the same
        improvements that 4.3 has. i have no idea when that
        will happen but keep an eye open for that as well.
        john

        I am using Debian and had to upgrade it to quite a
        > lot with unstable
        > modules before it would even compile. It was however
        > stable and I
        > could print with xpp, qtcups and gtklp without any
        > problems.
        >
        > I think, like Ernst, that the stable 4.3 is very
        > near and it would be best
        > to wait for it. I just wanted to whet your appetites
        > with its possibilities.
        > As soon as I get my new 1290 I am going to get
        > 4.3.21 going.
        >
        > Reinier

      • Reinier van der Ryst
        Message 3 of 16 , Nov 2, 2003
          Message 4 of 16 , Nov 3, 2003
            --- In DigitalBlackandWhiteThePrint@yahoogroups.com, "Reinier van der Ryst"
            <rvdryst@t...> wrote:

> [...]

            I see. Paul has the additional requirement that he has to match with
            what the Epson drivers do -- i.e. there's no control of individual ink limits.

            I'm not too sure what would be the best dilution to use. I don't think
            it's too critical, you'll just get different ink limits. It's interesting to
            note that Paul's formula has an equal amount of full strength M and Y.

            Roy
          • Reinier van der Ryst
            Message 5 of 16 , Nov 3, 2003