Ink cartridge lifespan (a bit OT)

  • dsmithhfx <dsmithhfx@yahoo.com>
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 1, 2003
      Hi,

      Can anyone venture a guess as to what is a 'reasonable' life span/#
      of refills for Epson-mfg. ink cartridges for the 1270?

      I refilled a color cartridge for the third time yesterday -- it was
      much harder to suck out all the foam, and the chambers only took 5--
      6cc's of ink before it started coming out the top air vents, instead
      of the 'normal' 7.5--8. This was consistent across all colors, and
      there was still nik present in the vents (which I blotted up with
      paper towelling) for hours after the refill. Presumably I should be
      very concerned about this cartridge running dry well before the
      droplet-counting chip warns the ink is getting 'low'.

      This particular cartridge is over a year old (it's the one that came
      with the printer). I have refilled it with the MIS, non-archival
      color inks.