Re: [Digital BW] Ilford Fine-Art Paper

  • shashinka@aol.com
    Message 1 of 5 , Jan 1, 2003
      Hello:

      I'm curious how the flaking issues are with the Ilford paper compared with
      William Turner.

      For some reason, Ultrachrome matte black only on most watercolor papers
      flakes much worse than all 7 inks. I assume its the formulation of the ink
      particles, but I wonder why is it so much worse than any other black,
      including Gen 3 or 4 black?

      All the best!

      Andrew Darlow

      ------
      Photography, Digital Print Consulting and Custom Editions
      Andrew Darlow Images International, www.andrewdarlow.com
      Author: Inkjet Tip of the Month Club (newsletter)

    • Jerry Olson
      Message 2 of 5 , Jan 1, 2003
        I always thought it was the paper that was at fault when there were
        flaking problems, due to poor or uneven coating of the paper. Do you
        think it's the ink, and not the paper, or a combination of both? I now
        rub down each paper hard with a soft cloth before printing, and have had
        90 percent less flaking. EEM and EAM don't seem to flake at all.

        Jerry

      • shashinka@aol.com
        Message 3 of 5 , Jan 10, 2003
          In a message dated 1/1/03 12:16:28 PM, jerryolson@... writes:

          > I always thought it was the paper that was at fault when there were
          > flaking problems, due to poor or uneven coating of the paper. Do you
          > think it's the ink, and not the paper, or a combination of both?  I now
          > rub down each paper hard with a soft cloth before printing, and have had
          > 90 percent less flaking.  EEM and EAM don't seem to flake at all.
          >
          > Jerry

          Hi Jerry:

          Yes, there is definitely a difference, based on paper and ink.

          All the best!

          Andrew Darlow

          ------
          Author: Inkjet Tip of the Month Club (newsletter)