Re: [Digital BW] New EAM & Complain to epson....

  • Loris Medici
    Message 1 of 6 , Oct 1, 2002
      Hi Paul,

      I recently purchased 50 sheets A3+ (13"x19") Epson Archival Matte paper (I'm
      located in Istanbul, Turkey). The paper has no Epson watermark on the
      back...

      Regards,
      Loris.

      Message 2 of 6 , Oct 2, 2002
        I called Epson with the # Paul gave yesterday and Debbie said she
        would get back to me. Well today she called back today and said
        nothing has changed. When I told her several other people complained
        and I mentioned Pauls name, she said she would get back to me. She
        called again and said they would like to see the paper and offered to
        send me 2 packs if I would send them the one I have. I have a pack
        with thesame lot # everybody else has.

        THANKS PAUL

        Vinny
        http://www.wulfsden.com

        --- In DigitalBlackandWhiteThePrint@y..., "Paul Roark"
        <paul.roark@v...> wrote:
        > Jerry wrote:
        >
        > >I got a note from Atlex.com to complain to epson about the new EAM
        > >paper. Here is what she said:
        > >...you can send it back to us and we will replace it for you...
        > >but if you would like to ask Epson if they have changed try
        > >calling 800-463-7766
        >
        > I called Epson at the above number, and they referred me to the
        Customer
        > Relations number: (562) 276-1311. At that number Theresa Vaca
        offered to
        > replace the paper with a different lot number -- assuming they had
        one. She
        > even invited me to send back open packages, which I did. She did
        not appear
        > to know of any problems with the paper.
        >
        > While I was chatting with her, I asked why Epson continued to call
        the
        > letter-size versions of this paper "Archival Matte" instead of
        the "Enhanced
        > Matte" name of the roll paper. Her view was that the "Enhanced
        Matte" name
        > was just to distinguish the paper that had no water marks on the
        back from
        > paper that did have such marks. So, yet another story about why
        the name
        > was changed.
        >
        > Paul
        > http://www.PaulRoark.com
      • Shilesh Jani
        Message 3 of 6 , Oct 2, 2002
          I just called Epson also. Spoke with a Di Bolton, who asked me to
          send the paper back. She also said she was not aware of this issue
          with the paper.

          Let's see what comes out of this whole situation.

          Shilesh

          --- In DigitalBlackandWhiteThePrint@y..., "Vincent Orlando"
          <orlandovl@h...> wrote:

          > I called Epson with the # Paul gave yesterday and Debbie said she
          > would get back to me. Well today she called back today and said
          > nothing has changed. When I told her several other people
          complained
          > and I mentioned Pauls name, she said she would get back to me. She
          > called again and said they would like to see the paper and offered
          > send me 2 packs if I would send them the one I have. I have a pack
          > with thesame lot # everybody else has.
          >
          > THANKS PAUL
          >
          > Vinny
          > http://www.wulfsden.com
          >

          > --- In DigitalBlackandWhiteThePrint@y..., "Paul Roark"
          > <paul.roark@v...> wrote:
          > > Jerry wrote:
          > >
          > > >I got a note from Atlex.com to complain to epson about the new
          EAM
          > > >paper. Here is what she said:
          > > >...you can send it back to us and we will replace it for you...
          > > >but if you would like to ask Epson if they have changed try
          > > >calling 800-463-7766
          > >
          > > I called Epson at the above number, and they referred me to the
          > Customer
          > > Relations number: (562) 276-1311. At that number Theresa Vaca
          > offered to
          > > replace the paper with a different lot number -- assuming they
          had
          > one. She
          > > even invited me to send back open packages, which I did. She did
          > not appear
          > > to know of any problems with the paper.
          > >
          > > While I was chatting with her, I asked why Epson continued to
          call
          > the
          > > letter-size versions of this paper "Archival Matte" instead of
          > the "Enhanced
          > > Matte" name of the roll paper. Her view was that the "Enhanced
          > Matte" name
          > > was just to distinguish the paper that had no water marks on the
          > back from
          > > paper that did have such marks. So, yet another story about why
          > the name
          > > was changed.
          > >
          > > Paul
          > > http://www.PaulRoark.com
        • tech4x5
          Message 4 of 6 , Oct 2, 2002
            --- In DigitalBlackandWhiteThePrint@y..., "Shilesh Jani"
            <shilesh.jani@s...> wrote:
            > I just called Epson also. Spoke with a Di Bolton, who asked me to
            > send the paper back. She also said she was not aware of this issue
            > with the paper.
            >
            > Let's see what comes out of this whole situation.
            >
            > Shilesh
            >
            > --- In DigitalBlackandWhiteThePrint@y..., "Vincent Orlando"
            > <orlandovl@h...> wrote:
            > >
            > > I called Epson with the # Paul gave yesterday and Debbie said she
            > > would get back to me. Well today she called back today and said
            > > nothing has changed. When I told her several other people
            > complained
            > > and I mentioned Pauls name, she said she would get back to me.
            She
            > > called again and said they would like to see the paper and
            offered
            > > send me 2 packs if I would send them the one I have. I have a
            pack
            > > with thesame lot # everybody else has.
            > >
            > > THANKS PAUL
            > >
            > > Vinny
            > > http://www.wulfsden.com
            > >

            > > --- In DigitalBlackandWhiteThePrint@y..., "Paul Roark"
            > > <paul.roark@v...> wrote:

            > EAM
            > > >
            > > > I called Epson at the above number, and they referred me to the
            > > Customer
            > > > Relations number: (562) 276-1311. At that number Theresa Vaca
            > > offered to
            > > > replace the paper with a different lot number -- assuming they
            > had
            > > one. She
            > > > even invited me to send back open packages, which I did. She
            did
            > > not appear
            > > > to know of any problems with the paper.
            > > >
            > > > While I was chatting with her, I asked why Epson continued to
            > call
            > > the
            > > > letter-size versions of this paper "Archival Matte" instead of
            > > the "Enhanced
            > > > Matte" name of the roll paper. Her view was that the "Enhanced
            > > Matte" name
            > > > was just to distinguish the paper that had no water marks on
            the
            > > back from
            > > > paper that did have such marks. So, yet another story about
            why
            > > the name
            > > > was changed.
            > > >
            > > > Paul
            > > > http://www.PaulRoark.com

            I just bought a package of EAM at Comp USA and compared it at the
            store to an old package of it that I brought with me and indeed it is
            yellow. I showed it to the Customer Service rep at the store and she
            was shocked at the difference and refunded my $. I then called Epson
            Customer Relations and also spoke with Di and she said she had just
            spoken with another person, must have been you Shilesh, with the same
            complaint. What gets me is she said this is the first she heard of
            this problem. I had called them 2 days ago and also told them of the
            problems and they filled out a ticket with my information. With
            everyone else calling and complaining, it seems the information is
            not gettting through to the right person and is getting lost in the
            system. Di was very nice and said she would get back with me. We'll
            see. Hopefully if enough of us call with this problem, they will
            become aware it is a real issue out here with users and reply with a
            fix.

            Matthew Kraus