Re: [Digital BW] Duotone with Piezo Color? was Tim York: re:papers

  • mwesley250@earthlink.net
    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 1, 2001
      Steadman,

      I will make a serious search for the John Paul
      Caponigro article as he covers it in much greater depth and the
      results printed in the magazine were really amazing.

      Martin

      --- In DigitalBlackandWhiteThePrint@y..., "Steadman Uhlich"
      <steadmanuhlich@k...> wrote:
      > Not yet...was going to but stalled due to Epson software issues and
      waiting for yellow profiles. Will do as soon as possible.

      > Thanks for posting the link to Luminouslandscape Duotone
      description...I missed that before somehow and really like the way
      Michael describes in detail and with screen shots. His site is one
      of my favorites to visit for tips and images to view.

      > Steadman
      re:papers

      > Steadman,
      >
      > Have you tried a duotone with the Piezo color inks? If you did,
      what
      > did you think of the results?
      >
      > Martin
      >
      > --- In DigitalBlackandWhiteThePrint@y..., "Steadman Uhlich"
      > <steadmanuhlich@k...> wrote:
      > > Tim,
      > > I use PiezoBW inks in an 1160 with CIS. I have a 1200 with
      > ColorPiezo and CIS but I am waiting for new profiles for the new
      > yellow.
      > >
      > > In your situation, you may want to "save money in the long run"
      by
      > buying a CIS for about $120 and a set of ColorPiezo pigment inks
      for
      > another $120 (for 6 4 ounce bottles). That is the best deal on
      > color pigment inks I know of and it comes with free profiles to
      use
      > with the Epson driver. Outstanding deal I think. Much
      > better/cheaper in the long run than Epson carts. And pigmented
      inks
      > should last much longer etc...etc...
      > >
      > > If you want more info on the inks, just go to Inkjetmall.com
      where
      > there is a complete comparison to other inks.
      > >
      > > Good Luck,
      > > Steadman
      > (snip previous)
      >

      > Yahoo! Groups Sponsor
      >

      > If you do not wish to belong to Digital B&W, The Print, you may
      > unsubscribe by sending an email to:

      Service.