RE: [Digital BW] Best Epson driver workflow for Piezo/FS inks?

  • Alessandro Pardi
    Message 1 of 8 , Jul 1, 2002
      I'm still very very happy with Randall workflow, that you can find in the
      files section (btw, it's the only partitioning workflow I know of for these
      inks with the standard Epson driver). I'm working with version d of the
      curves, since I still have the earlier FS inks, but I expect version e with
      the current FS set to be the same.

      Alessandro Pardi

      Message 2 of 8 , Jul 3, 2002
        Alessandro, could you point me to this workflow; I can't seem to find it in
        the Yahoo files section. Thanks.

        STEPHEN JENNINGS
        P h o t o g r a p h e r
        Cambridge, MA
        sgjennin@...

        > I'm still very very happy with Randall workflow, that you can find in the
        > files section (btw, it's the only partitioning workflow I know of for these
        > inks with the standard Epson driver). I'm working with version d of the
        > curves, since I still have the earlier FS inks, but I expect version e with
        > the current FS set to be the same.
        >
        > Alessandro Pardi

      • Alessandro Pardi
        Message 3 of 8 , Jul 3, 2002
          Sure!
          It's under
          <http://groups.yahoo.com/group/DigitalBlackandWhiteThePrint/files/> Files >
          /> Ink Sets >
          <http://groups.yahoo.com/group/DigitalBlackandWhiteThePrint/files/Ink%20Sets
          /MIS/> MIS >
          <http://groups.yahoo.com/group/DigitalBlackandWhiteThePrint/files/Ink%20Sets
          /MIS/MIS%20FS/> MIS FS > 1160 Partitioned Workflow.

          Actually I forgot to mention that it's for the 1160...

          Alessandro

          Alessandro, could you point me to this workflow; I can't seem to find it in
          the Yahoo files section. Thanks.

          STEPHEN JENNINGS
          P h o t o g r a p h e r
          Cambridge, MA
          sgjennin@...

          > I'm still very very happy with Randall workflow, that you can find in the
          > files section (btw, it's the only partitioning workflow I know of for
          these
          > inks with the standard Epson driver). I'm working with version d of the
          > curves, since I still have the earlier FS inks, but I expect version e
          with
          > the current FS set to be the same.
          >
          > Alessandro Pardi

        • Alessandro Pardi
          Message 4 of 8 , Jul 3, 2002
            Sorry for the ugly output (damn cut&paste from html).
            Path is:

            Files/Ink Sets/MIS/MIS-FS/1160 Partitioned Workflow.

            Where you find the 2 flavors for old and new FS inks.
            Looking at your original post I see the 1160 is what you were after, so it
            should be ok.

            Alessandro

            /MIS/MIS%20FS/> MIS FS > 1160 Partitioned Workflow.

            Actually I forgot to mention that it's for the 1160...

            Alessandro

            Alessandro, could you point me to this workflow; I can't seem to find it in
            the Yahoo files section. Thanks.

            STEPHEN JENNINGS
            P h o t o g r a p h e r
            Cambridge, MA
            sgjennin@...

            > I'm still very very happy with Randall workflow, that you can find in the
            > files section (btw, it's the only partitioning workflow I know of for
            these
            > inks with the standard Epson driver). I'm working with version d of the
            > curves, since I still have the earlier FS inks, but I expect version e
            with
            > the current FS set to be the same.
            >
            > Alessandro Pardi

            Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

            <http://rd.yahoo.com/M=229641.2166546.3626727.1829184/D=egroupweb/S=17050191
            82:HM/A=1142330/R=0/*http://promo.yahoo.com/debtscape/>

            Please visit the Group Homepage to check the Files, Bookmarks, Polls and
            other resources as they are often being updated. The page is at:

            Please follow these basic guidelines:
            - Include your full name with your message.
            - Include the address of your website, if you have one.
            - As threads develop, trim off excess portions of earlier messages to keep
            them short.
            - As the topic of a thread changes remember to change the subject header.
            - Good manners are required at all time. No personal attacks or
            "flames."
            - Complete your Yahoo profile.
            - Before posting a question, search the message archives and the various
            resources on the homepage.

          • jrandall1149
            Message 5 of 8 , Jul 3, 2002
              Steve:

              The scanner based process I used to create the RGB partitioned
              workflow is in profile_make2.pdf in Files/InkSets/MIS/MIS FS.

              The process is generic and can be used to tweak other RGB partitioned
              curves as well as lumped workflows like John Woolf's.

              The 1160 RGB partitioned workflow can also be downloaded from the MIS
              Workflow page at:
              www.inksupply.com/index.cfm?source=html/workflow.html
            • Richard Sintchak
              Message 6 of 8 , Jul 3, 2002
                Wednesday, July 3, 2002, 7:21:03 AM, Alessandro Pardi wrote:

                AP> Sorry for the ugly output (damn cut paste from html).
                AP> Path is:

                AP> Files/Ink Sets/MIS/MIS-FS/1160 Partitioned Workflow.

                AP> Where you find the 2 flavors for old and new FS inks.
                AP> Looking at your original post I see the 1160 is what you were after, so it
                AP> should be ok.

                AP> Alessandro

                Speaking of the Randall workflow I too have found it to work quite
                nicely with my 1160 and FS inks. I also happen to own the Peizo
                driver and tried printing the same images (without the Randall curves)
                but always get banding. I thought banding was a physical printer head
                issue, why would the same image print smooth and fine with the Randall
                workflow (using Epson's drivers) yet have fairly obvious banding using
                the Peizo driver? I followed the Peizo workflow to a "T". Any
                suggestions? Anyone else run into this as well?

                Best regards,
                Richard

                mailto:richard@...
              • Stephen Jennings
                Message 7 of 8 , Jul 3, 2002
                  Thank You!

                  STEPHEN JENNINGS
                  P h o t o g r a p h e r
                  Cambridge, MA
                  sgjennin@...

                  > Sure!
                  > It's under
                  > <http://groups.yahoo.com/group/DigitalBlackandWhiteThePrint/files/> Files >
                  > /> Ink Sets >
                  > <http://groups.yahoo.com/group/DigitalBlackandWhiteThePrint/files/Ink%20Sets
                  > /MIS/> MIS >
                  > <http://groups.yahoo.com/group/DigitalBlackandWhiteThePrint/files/Ink%20Sets
                  > /MIS/MIS%20FS/> MIS FS > 1160 Partitioned Workflow.
                  >
                  > Actually I forgot to mention that it's for the 1160...
                  >
                  > Alessandro
                • Stephen Jennings
                  Message 8 of 8 , Jul 3, 2002
                    Thank you very much; I love this group!