eInk or ePaper displays

  • robert49brake
    Message 1 of 3 , Sep 28, 2013
      Anyone have any links to work being done on ePaper or eInk type displays for b&w?
    • Arliss Dawson
      Message 2 of 3 , Oct 8, 2013
        I am desire to process my color images as B&W but lack the skill.  Could you point me in the right direction for tutorials and books or any other resources that I may need?

        On Saturday, September 28, 2013 2:40 PM, "robert49brake@..." wrote:

        Anyone have any links to work being done on ePaper or eInk type displays for b&w?

      • Ernst Dinkla
        Message 3 of 3 , Oct 9, 2013
          On 09/28/2013 11:40 PM, robert49brake@... wrote:
          > Anyone have any links to work being done on ePaper or eInk type displays
          > for b&w?

          While they are monochrome (most) the levels of tone separation, in
          hardware and driver, are hardly an invitation to display B&W on. The
          "white" reflection level is low too.

          A monochrome LCD with backlight or an OLED display will be much nicer.

          No commercial product based on electrowetting available yet but in
          reflective version it might have the widest contrast of all reflective
          displays.

          --
          Met vriendelijke groet, Ernst Dinkla

          http://www.pigment-print.com/spectralplots/spectrumviz_1.htm
          December 2012: 500+ inkjet media paper white spectral plots.