Re: [Digital BW] Monochrome POD Book Publishers

  • jimbo
    Message 1 of 23 , Sep 23, 2013
      Good post Ernst.. Something's I find hard to understand. The acceptance of lesser quality in prints being one of them..  New ways of production in so many products that are in our lives have increased quality and consistency and in many ways the consumer has pushed for this.Yet in what I perceive as the fine art industry it seems so confused. I know artists / photographers that have Costco or similar do print runs for them. So price is turning into a trump card over quality and it seems to be being accepted. It's odd everyone wants fine art hanging in their home or office but apparently don't want to pay the price so a part of the industry has gone after that segment but at a cost...quality.

      As yet another question ... what do you think of Light Jet or Chromura prints.. The later is at least looking at two sided printing technology but that is a ways off and much to overcome if they end up really going there.

      Your last line says a lot.. and I guess that's where it's headed or seems to be. Over a year ago I traded a tango for a Roland 6 color eco sol printer.. It's not used for art just signage and labels.. I guess I can get that a sign outfit wants to run art to increase their volume but they typically don't have what it take to even approach the quality necessary plus they can't hit the densities.

      Times are changing I guess..

      jimbo