Epson "load paper"

  • gochatunbdotca
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 23, 2013
      I use Epson 3880 and 4880.  The former gives me very little trouble of any kind. The latter has one very annoying trait:

      If the paper loads improperly for some reason, and I have to reload it, I almost always get a "load paper" error message after, in fact, loading the paper and ensuring that everything is in place. No matter what I do, I cannot get rid of the error message - - - the printer thinks there is no paper loaded.  I have to power the printer off and then on again, at which point it will recognize the loaded paper and work properly.

      My question:  in the larger Epsons, what senses the presence or absence of paper?  Whatever it is apparently is not working properly in my 4880.

      Thanks.
      Myron