Re: [Digital BW] Epson 1430 Cleaning Solution

  • Paul
    Message 1 of 8 , May 1, 2013
      Jim,

      Although I have an R1800, I too order the MIS Cleaning Fluid whenever I order MIS Eboni. I'm using Paul's 3MK setup, with Eboni in the two black and GLOP positions and MIS Cleaning Fluid in the five color positions. Lately I've had bad nozzle checks in the Cleaning Fluid positions but not in the Eboni positions, which seems strange to me. In addition, I've tried using a 50-50 mixture of ammoniated Windex and isopropyl alcohol for underhead cleaning and soaking the waste pad. Sometimes this clears up the clogs but it's only temporary. (I should mention that I tint the cleaning fluid with a very small amount of Eboni so I can view the patterns.)

      I'm beginning to suspect the use of this cleaning fluid in the carts... Paul has suggested I use his C6b mixture of distilled water, glycerin, Photo-Flo and LFN. I've mixed some up and am about to try that.

      Any thoughts why the color position nozzle checks are problematic but not the Eboni ink carts? Any other suggestions on what to use in the color position carts?

      TIA,

      Paul