RE: [Digital BW] Photography That Doesn't Suck

  • E.Neilsen
    Message 1 of 84 , Feb 20, 2013
      John, please share with us how it's done. Perhaps the OP can model his site
      after your great example.

      Eric Neilsen
      Eric Neilsen Photography
      4101 Commerce Street, Suite 9
      Dallas, TX 75226

      www.ericneilsenphotography.com
      skype me with ejprinter
      Let's Talk Photography
    • orbancc
      Message 84 of 84 , Feb 24, 2013
        Tyler -

        You are exactly right.

        I look at Bodine every day, and that's why I originally responded to this thread topic. Bodine's photography not only doesn't suck, but is exquisite. It is iconic, classic, masterful. In my humble opinion, and in the opinion of thousands of my customers.

        He got that way through subjecting his work to the eyeballs of hundreds of thousands of people. He heard their criticism and it shaped and perfected his art, and his craft.

        A note about his method of work: he would shoot for feature articles all week, traveling from one end of the state/region to the other. Then he would process and print on the weekend. He simply did not have the luxury to shoot hundreds (or even dozens) of shots - not enough time. He learned to line it up and get it right in one shot.

        However, he really identified with our farmers still doing it the old way: with horses and oxen. We do have a dozen shots of a farmer working his two ox team. One is just unbelievable brilliant: Image ID 34-273, which I call "Team Work". But several other shots are quite nice as well.

        That's why his images sell. Great art sells!

        It