Wow!!!!!

  • luxlebis
    Message 1 of 10 , Feb 1, 2012
      Hallo Paul,
      I read through some of your pdfs and made an own icc (scanner with 50%-reference) for your lenswork warm curve. I did it for
      Harman Gloss Baryta with MK installed (dark greys for black).
      I´m in heaven: It looks absolutely great, with lesser gloss differential than with the PKN. Wow! Many thanks!

      Marcus
    • Paul Grant
      Message 2 of 10 , Feb 1, 2012
        Marcus.

        What printer and inks are you using.

        Paul Grant

        Sent from my iPhone

        On Feb 1, 2012, at 11:06 AM, "luxlebis" <luxlebis@...> wrote:

        > Hallo Paul,
        > I read through some of your pdfs and made an own icc (scanner with 50%-reference) for your lenswork warm curve. I did it for
        > Harman Gloss Baryta with MK installed (dark greys for black).
        > I´m in heaven: It looks absolutely great, with lesser gloss differential than with the PKN. Wow! Many thanks!
        >
        > Marcus

      • luxlebis
        Message 3 of 10 , Feb 2, 2012
          Hi,
          Printer is: Epson R285 (I guess it is R280 in the US)
          Inkset is: Ultratone 3d
          Curve was from Utratone 3d downloadpage from Paul Roark and uses the two dark greys for black (I could leave MK unused in the printer).
          I think it was made for Permajet FB-Paper. I relinearized it
          for Harman Gloss Baryta. After making the icc it was a bit less warm.
          I´m not quite sure if i got the process quite right. I applied the curve to the 21-steptab, the n printed it out with UPG and gamma 2.2 no colormanagement. I scanned it with a print that I made of the steptab with an already existing profile and scanned them together. The print with the curve was light and very warm. i followed the instructions of Paul Roarks pdf : making iccs with a flatbedscanner. In the end I got a perfect greyscale and very good looking prints. The relinearized profile does´t look as the first print of the (way to light) 21-step with just the curve applied. I don´t exactly understand what the icc does.

          Marcus