epson driver

  • piotrjanowski
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 1, 2002
      Hello all,
      I will be buying a new PC in a vew days and they ar selling it now
      with Windows XP.
      I was wondering if there could be any potential problems with using
      the 1160 with epson driver and Paul's VM curves?
      Will the driver for XP produce the sam results?
      I am currently printing wth MIS VM, Paul's curves through the epson
      driver for WINDOWS 98. I am very happy with the results but my
      machine i just too slow.
      Anyway to make it more simple:
      is the driver for 98 the same as the driver for XP?????
      Is there anything else I should be aware of, when switching to the
      new system?
      Or maybe choose a different system, or just stick with 98??
      I hope this is not offtopic but I am asking these questions in
      relation to continue BW Printing on my new Pc.

      Piotr Janowski
      piotr.janowski@...
    • ungram
      Message 2 of 2 , Mar 1, 2002
        I recently bought a new computer with XP and also a new 1160
        (actually a refurb). I can address your question about Epson
        drivers. Yes, you will need Epson's driver and status monitor which
        you can get at epson.com. Follow the path Printers - Support -
        drivers inkjet - stylus 1160 and you will find these two XP specific
        drivers. Don't use the driver that downloads from the XP disk.
        It's really too basic. The Epson site driver works just fine.

        Andy Unger

        --- In DigitalBlackandWhiteThePrint@y..., "piotrjanowski"