Re: Quality Affordable Monitor

  • Jeff
    Message 1 of 7 , Jun 1, 2011
      It is possible to get very decent calibration from this monitor. I am using Spyder3Elite. Read http://www.tftcentral.co.uk/reviews/content/dell_u2410.htm first and follow the advice about starting with "Standard" profile and not "Custom".

      If you will be using this for multimedia in addition to photo work, it's probably going to be necessary to switch modes. The article covers that as well.

      --- In DigitalBlackandWhiteThePrint@yahoogroups.com, ellery chua <ellery@...> wrote:

      > Not sure if this is the model that has some slight problems in getting it calibrated using hardware calibrators. Might want to check that out if you are planning to calibrate the monitor.
      >
      > On 31-May-2011, at 9:31 PM, Jeff wrote:
      >
      > > Dell U2410 has 1920x1200 resolution and is an IPS panel. Color manages very well and is extremely sharp. You can find it for about $500 (Amazon today).
      > >
      > > --- In DigitalBlackandWhiteThePrint@yahoogroups.com, "masterbox11" <LAURENCENJ6@> wrote:
      > > >
      > > > I would appreciate any suggestions for an affordable 24" monitor to view my processes with Lightroom and Photoshop such as NEC, Coloredge, Samsung, Dell, etc.

    • Ernst Dinkla
      Message 2 of 7 , Jun 1, 2011
        On 05/30/2011 03:54 PM, masterbox11 wrote:
        > I would appreciate any suggestions for an affordable 24" monitor to view my processes with Lightroom and Photoshop such as NEC, Coloredge, Samsung, Dell, etc.

        The Dell U2311H is quite nice on price/performance. Not a wide gamut but
        this is a B&W list so ......
        Some reviewers commented on the panel uniformity but I can not complain.
        I use it for an Ubuntu box next to a more expensive NEC 2690 for a
        Windows system.
        Dispcalgui for calibration/profiling.

        For a good discussion on monitor calibration/profiling see:
        http://www.luminous-landscape.com/forum/index.php?PHPSESSID=6c10b66c301ac85f9d7c64b3e395b5bd&topic=53825.0

        For a down to earth article on monitor choices and good links:
        http://ddisoftware.com/tech/articles/december-2010-do-you-have-a-6-bit-lcd-monitor/?PHPSESSID=99mj8v902u2qbsq3fgq48340p7

        --
        Met vriendelijke groeten, Ernst

        | Dinkla Grafische Techniek |
        | www.pigment-print.com |
        | ( unvollendet ) |
      • arlenelove3@aol.com
        Message 3 of 7 , Jun 2, 2011
          In the "affordable" range, the Dell U2410 got good reviews, and I am very
          pleased with it. I calibrate with a Spyder 3 Express every week or so, and
          most of the time what I see is what I get.
          Arlene
          arlenelove3@...