Re: Quadtone RIP curves needed!!!

  • hp9180profile
    Message 1 of 6 , Feb 1, 2011
      --- In DigitalBlackandWhiteThePrint@yahoogroups.com, "rocio.segura@..." <rocio.segura@...> wrote:

      > I am using Epson 3880 with 4 black inks (Ultra Chrome K3)

      Assuming you already have QTR installed, it seems that there already are some 3880 curves in there that use the UC inks. Select printer as Quad 3880 and the curves are there. MK designated curves use for matt papers and PK designated curves use for photo papers. There are quite a few papers supported (warm, cool and neutral versions and even sepia) and there are also some raw (starter) curves that you can use as a starting point to make your own curves.

      > The papers I am using the most are Epson Luster, Epson Exhibition Fiber, and I am really interested in testing Ilford Galerie Gold Fibre Silk, Hahnemuhle Photo Rag 308 (not the bright one), Harman glossy, and Hot Press Bright Epson.

      Read the help pages of QTR and Paul Roark's pages and learn about ink seperations and linearisation and you can do anything! It will take some time to absorb it all and you can also ask questions on this and the QTR forums as you go.

      Or you can just use Epsons ABW driver and not bother about all this!

      > I don't have any of the curves... I am starting with this, I am student, and I am really enjoying... I want to learn much more if I can!!

      Goo luck with it all, it can be a lot of fun.