r1900 problems

  • tboleyyh
    Message 1 of 32 , Nov 4, 2010
      got both lights on, sometimes blinking, sometimes on solid... tried everything including the reset utility.
      Anyone familiar with this problem?
      Thanks,
      Tyler
    • C D Tobie
      Message 32 of 32 , Nov 9, 2010
        On Nov 9, 2010, at 12:10 PM, arlenelove3@... wrote:

        > Has anyone used a paper with a slight satin surface with K3 matte black
        > ink? I use only Photo Rag 308, but would sometimes like a slightly satin
        > surface without changing over to Photo Black ink. I've found that Photo Rag
        > Pearl can produce a really punchy image on a few photos, but is a disaster on
        > most.

        It tends to work the other way around: luster and satin surfaces are types of gloss media, just with a texture applied. So they respond to ink like a gloss, not like a matte. So if you use Photo Black, you can use various degrees of luster and satin papers with it without difficulty. On the other hand, Matte Black is intended for truly matte media, and does not respond well to gloss surfaces, with our without a luster/satin texture applied to it. Even the Baryta papers, which resemble darkroom prints from the 1950s, use Photo Black.

        C. David Tobie
        Global Product Technology Manager
        Digital Imaging & Home Theater
        CDTobie@...