[Digital BW] Re: New York City B&W

  • faeofavalon
    Message 1 of 26 , Aug 1, 2010
      Since some of us are sharing, I will share a few shots of my NYC. My
      work is all self-portrait narrative and as many of you are looking for
      sharpness, I am using a Holga :)
      http://www.annmarietornabene.net/pages/west8.htm
      <http://www.annmarietornabene.net/pages/west8.htm>

      http://www.annmarietornabene.net/pages/sleepingbeauty.htm
      <http://www.annmarietornabene.net/pages/sleepingbeauty.htm>

      http://www.annmarietornabene.net/pages/subwaystairs.htm
      <http://www.annmarietornabene.net/pages/subwaystairs.htm>
      http://www.annmarietornabene.net/pages/etrain.htm
      <http://www.annmarietornabene.net/pages/etrain.htm>

      http://www.annmarietornabene.net/pages/nyfamily.htm
      <http://www.annmarietornabene.net/pages/nyfamily.htm>

      Cheers,AnnMariewww.annmarietornabene.net/
      <http://www.annmarietornabene.net/>

      --- In DigitalBlackandWhiteThePrint@yahoogroups.com, "Gary " <gary@...>
      wrote:>> Paul,> > Nice photos! I went to NYC two years ago and visited
      all of the museums and> saw all of the usual tourist attractions. We had
      a great time and are> anxious to go back. Seems like there are so many
      places I want to go to and> just not enough time or money.> > Thanks,> >
      Gary W. > > > > From: DigitalBlackandWhiteThePrint@yahoogroups.com>
      New York City B&W> > > > > > > Thanks for all who made suggestions
      regarding B&W in NYC. > > I posted a few images at
      http://www.paulroark.com/Impressions_of_NYC.html > > Paul>
      been removed]>--- In DigitalBlackandWhiteThePrint@yahoogroups.com, "Gary

    • CorrPro96@aol.com
      Message 2 of 26 , Aug 1, 2010
        In a message dated 8/1/2010 8:48:34 A.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
        faeofavalon@... writes:

        http://www.annmarietornabene.net/pages/west8.htm

        You should have started your own thread instead of horning in on the OP.

        Rich

      • John K Stacy
        Message 3 of 26 , Aug 1, 2010
          ??????

          Message 4 of 26 , Aug 2, 2010
            In a message dated 8/1/2010 6:49:02 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
            John_K_Stacy@... writes:

            ??????

            Ann Marie's posting had nothing to do with the original subject.

            Rich

          • faeofavalon
            Message 5 of 26 , Aug 2, 2010
              On the contrary, Rich. Gary was sharing some of his NYC images with Paul and the rest of us so I was sharing mine. Simple as that.

              - AnnMarie

            • CorrPro96@aol.com
              Message 6 of 26 , Aug 2, 2010
                On the contrary, Rich. Gary was sharing some of his NYC images with Paul and the
                est of us so I was sharing mine. Simple as that.
                - AnnMarie

                Your images were not of NYC.... they were of yourself in various locations. You could have easily started a new thread that would have kept the subject on photos of sites in NYC.

                Rich
                www.rmassiephotography.com

                n the contrary, Rich. Gary was sharing some of his NYC images with Paul and the
                est of us so I was sharing mine. Simple as that.
                - AnnMarie

                -- In DigitalBlackandWhiteThePrint@yahoogroups.com, CorrPro96@... wrote:

                In a message dated 8/1/2010 6:49:02 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
                John_K_Stacy@... writes:

                ??????

                Ann Marie's posting had nothing to do with the original subject.

                Rich

                If you wish to receive no emails or just a daily digest, or you wish to
                nsubscribe, please edit your Membership preferences by visiting this same page.
                Please follow these basic guidelines:
                As threads develop, trim off excess portions of earlier messages to keep them
                hort.
                Good manners are required at all time. No personal attacks or flames. Hostile,
                ggressive or argumentative users may be removed from the membership without
                otice.
                Keep your posts and threads related to the group topic of digital B&W
                rinting. Users who persistently make off-topic posts may be removed from the
                embership.
                By posting on this forum you agree to abide by the group rules and guidelines,
                nd to abide by the actions and decisions of the group Owner and Moderators. See
                Group Topic, Rules and Guidelines” in the Files section:
                ttp://groups.yahoo.com/group/DigitalBlackandWhiteThePrint/files/
                BY PARTICIPATING IN AND/OR POSTING MESSAGES TO THE DIGITAL BW, THE PRINT YAHOO!
                ROUP YOU EXPRESSLY UNDERSTAND AND AGREE THAT THE “OWNER” AND “MODERATORS” OF
                IGITAL BW, THE PRINT YAHOO GROUP SHALL NOT BE LIABLE TO YOU FOR ANY DIRECT,
                NDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR EXEMPLARY DAMAGES, INCLUDING BUT
                OT LIMITED TO, DAMAGES FOR LOSS OF PROFITS, GOODWILL, USE, DATA OR OTHER
                NTANGIBLE LOSSES (EVEN IF THE “OWNER” AND “MODERATORS” OF DIGITAL BW, THE
                RINT YAHOO GROUP HAVE BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES),
                ESULTING FROM: (i) THE USE OR THE INABILITY TO USE THE DIGITAL BW, THE PRINT
                AHOO GROUP; (ii) UNAUTHORIZED ACCESS TO OR ALTERATION OF YOUR TRANSMISSIONS OR
                ATA; (iii) STATEMENTS OR CONDUCT OF ANY THIRD PARTY ON THE DIGITAL BW, THE
                RINT YAHOO GROUP; OR (iv) ANY OTHER MATTER RELATING TO THE DIGITAL BW, THE
                RINT YAHOO GROUP.
                ahoo! Groups Links
                Individual Email | Traditional
                http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

              • Alan Gaynor
                Message 7 of 26 , Aug 2, 2010
                  In terms of NYC B&W here is my web site

                  www.alangaynorphoto.com

                  I would be interested in comments.

                  Alan Gaynor,AIA

                  Alan Gaynor + Company, P.C.

                  Architects/Designers

                  434 Broadway 6th Floor

                  New York, N.Y. 10013

                  agaynor@...

                  www.gaynordesign.com

                  www.alangaynorphoto.com

                  T: 212-334-0900

                  F: 212-966-8652

                  C: 917-304-5162

                • Mark Savoia
                  Message 8 of 26 , Aug 2, 2010
                    Wasn't the original poster asking what to see in NYC for b&w photos,
                    like in galleries and museums? Sounds like they were making a trip
                    there.

                    Mark
                    http://www.stillrivereditions.com