Re: More about the Ukranian Spammer

  • andre1moreau
    Message 1 of 31 , Jul 1, 2010
      HI Bob,

      Don't know where you got your starts from, but that Ukrainian spammer and his organization sends out tens of millions spams per day. He's at the top of the 10 worst spammers list. Some of his spam may originate from the US has they are known to use botnets or "Zombie networks".

      This will be my last post on the subject.

      http://www.spamhaus.org/rokso/listing.lasso?file=1099

      Cheers,
      Andre

      --- In DigitalBlackandWhiteThePrint@yahoogroups.com, "Bob Frost" <bobfrost@...> wrote:

      > > True! Let's change the subject line to "
      > > NO More about the Ukranian Spammer
      >
      > It's also a bit unfair to Ukraine, since most spam (according to the stats)
      > comes from the USA.
      >
      > Bob Frost
      > ---------------
      > From: "Richard Sintchak" <rich815@...>

    • martin_wesley1
      Message 31 of 31 , Jul 5, 2010
        Andre,

        Yes the group still has moderators. We just have not been very active in recent times.

        The way the group is set up is that all new members automatically go into "Moderated" status meaning that none of their messages post without a moderator's approval. If the new member posts on topic then their status is changed to "Unmoderated" and their messages automatically go up like every other member. First posts that are borderline may go up but the person is left on 'Moderated" status awhile longer until we get a better idea of their likely content.

        Using this we weed out a HUGE amount of spam that you never see.

        That said, it is obviously not a perfect system and does not help if someone hacks their way in.

        If someone is spamming the group, please let me know and I will do what I can to stop it.

        Thanks,
        Martin Wesley.