Activist Margaret Jones imprisoned

  • george dicegeorge.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 7, 2002
      looking at
      http://marsbard.com/kebele/
      i saw that Activist Margaret Jones imprisoned

      she took stonehenge to court over
      our rights to walk along a road, didnt she?

      ===========

      Dr Margaret Jones was imprisoned by the Bristol Magistrates Court on Tuesday
      19th February for her beliefs in peace.
      Dr Margaret Jones was imprisoned by the Bristol Magistrates Court on Tuesday
      19th February for her beliefs in peace. Her crimes were painting the
      following slogans on the foreign office building: What have Iraqi\'s ever
      done to deserve this?: Brit bombs on Iraq, shame: UK Iraq policy equals
      atrocities and failure. Other so said crimes included, cutting a hole in the
      fence at Alermarston where nuclear weapons are kept and breaching the peace
      by sitting in a puddle at Fas Lane.
      Her statement at the magistrates Office was: Trident is a war crime. Bombing
      and sanctions on Iraq are war crimes. The question of my income is
      irrelevant. I have taken direct action against these things to protest our
      involvement in crime. Our present Governments slavishness to the United
      States is leading us deeper and deeper into complicity with Us acts of
      genocide. We should be speaking out against American sponsored massacres -
      taking a stand. Instead we are squandering the funds that could be used for
      schools and hospitals on carrying out killings and preparing for further
      killings. over the past 10 years we have helped to kill half a million
      children in Iraq. We have bombed Afganistan to help the US build an oil pipe
      line there. We use tax payers money to maintain a weapon that wipe out one
      third of the planet - that endangers us more then it threatens anyone elas.
      In a few weeks or months the United States will again launch all out war
      against Iraq - against a society that has been knocked to its knees and
      whose people are only slowly re-building normal lives in spite of us and the
      United States. No doubt the British Government will be dragged along to play
      its part in justifying the slaughter. The puppet Governments set up in
      Europe after Nazi occupation had more honour than this. When will we all
      stand up and say, enough Not In Our Name, This Terrorism Has Got To Stop.\'
      Margarets last words before being taken away by three large security guards
      were, \' the government are criminals and not myself.\' She was supported
      throughout the trial by other members of the Bristol Peace Vigil and we ask
      that you write to Margaret and lend her your support. Her new address is:
      Eastwood park prison, Eastwood Park, Falfield, Wotton Under Edge,
      Gloucestershire.