Planning Green Paper Fight Back

  • Tony Gosling
    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 19, 2001
      As many of you will be aware the government has announced stunning changes
      to the planning system in the Planning Green Paper, the proposals include
      allowing High Tech Industrial Units to be built with NO planning
      permission, a reduction in the rights of ordinary people to participate in
      the planning system in the name of speeding up decisions, and of course
      allowing parliament rather than public inquiries decide major
      infrastructure projects.

      We are now gathering support, representations on the Green Paper need to be
      in by March 27th, so we are consulting all interested groups and
      individuals. We are holding a meeting on the 9th February in London (venue
      to be announced). We have also set up two mailing list one public, one
      private for activists. A temporary WEB site is being hosted on the CfPS
      site until something more substantive can be set up:

      WEB SITE
      http://www.onlincam.freeserve.co.uk/planpaper.html

      Open Forum Mailing List
      http://www.topica.com/lists/pgp

      Activists Mailing List
      http://www.topica.com/lists/pgpclose

      Link Planning Green Paper
      http://www.planning.dtlr.gov.uk/consult/greenpap/index.htm

      CfPS initial response
      http://www.onlincam.freeserve.co.uk/gpreply.htm

      If you are, or have ever been involved in any planning dispute or campaign
      then you will know the importance to local communities and the environment.
      Please get involved.

      Chris Maile
      Campaign for Planning Sanity - http://www.onlincam.freeserve.co.uk
      Local community support for adverse planning & development applications
      --
      Tony Gosling
      10-12 Picton Street

      tony@...
      http://www.public-interest.co.uk

      "US foreign policy can be defined as follows: 'Kiss my arse or I'll kick
      your head in.'" Harold Pinter --- Ref:
      http://www.guardian.co.uk/letters/story/0,3604,309521,00.html

      http://www.nhs-exposed.co.uk